Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phil and teds dash

Options
  • 07-06-2011 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi all apoligies if this has been asked before ... am expecting num 2 and my toddler will be 2 and a half when new baba arrives , anyway am lookin to buy one of the phil and ted double buggies , am liking the dash one ! can any of you recommend where i can get this as a package with the doubles kit, cocoon, and rain cover at a good price as everywhere i look its working out really expensive :( also would you recommend a diff phil and teds or am i right in thinking he dash is a good one

thanks in advance for all your advice :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭mouseybrown

mods feel free to move if thread in the wrong place

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is fine here.

Have you gone in to a shop and tried your toddler in it?
    This is when I discovered there was no way we could get a tandem!

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_45_10751_-1_14603_87341_10001_

http://www.babydaysdirect.co.uk/products/phil-amp-teds-dash-buggy-including-double-kit-special-offer/1236/

The vibe -

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_45_10751_-1_14603_68317_10001_

kiddicare will match prices too.
    Mothercare do the phil and teds too.

Adverts.ie and e-bay are worth a look too.

thanks for that no i havnt sat my toddler in one but friends got one and they seem to think its ok.... i wonder is there anywhere in ireland that sells them at a good price am a bit weary buying over the net

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mary28

I have the Vibe and it's a good strong buggy for my 2 thumper boys. DS1 is very big and tall for his age and he has heaps of room in it, he's almost 3 yrs.
    My main gripes with it are the inflatable wheels & the weight of it, very heavy to lift it on it's own into the car etc. That said it's very easy to push and is good for long walks, esp if you don't have a lot of manouvering to do. I'm living in a cobblestoned and busy city at the moment and it's a pain manouvering it around the place and up and down kerbs but I found it great when I was living in Dublin.

The Dash & Vibe are quite similar, the Vibe is the most expensive and the Dash is the next most expensive of the P&Ts. Only difference I can see is the frame of the Vibe is aluminium & is supposed to be lighter (not actually sure that it is though). The material is also knick resistant & easier to clean. I think they have the same amount of padding in the seats though and this is something the cheaper versions might not have. The break is on the handle bar for the Vibe and this is handy, it's just a button but it is easy to accidently engage the break which is annoying. Not sure where the break is on the Dash.

You could easily pick one of these up 2nd hand for half the price. That's what I did. I spent a fortune on the bugaboo so didn't want to fork out the guts of €800 for the Vibe. I did have trouble with one wheel though (hence my hatred of inflatable wheels) but it was cheap to get a new one in Halfords & they fitted it for me.

The bugaboo Donkey is out now though and I think I would have sprang for that if it had been available at the time. It's a ridiculous price at €1300 but the amount of walking I've done would justify it. The bugaboo is an amazing buggy although that said I think DS1 is too tall for it now. I put him in it about 6 mths ago and the hood wouldnt' go over his head cos his head was in the way. Anyway I digress.

I bought a car seat from Kiddicare and found them fine to deal with, shipping was slow, took 2 or 3 weeks I think but this was communicated to me at the start. If you are unsure of any online seller do a search for reviews on them and you'll find plenty. I can recommend Kiddicare anyway.

Rollercoaster, Magicmum, Weddingsonline, Donedeal all are good places to check also if you want a 2nd hand one.
    If you buy in Mothercare make sure to go to one of their info evenings and get their 10% discount card which will give you 10% off the full price of 10 separate purchases.
    Bumps and Babies in Newry is another place friends have bought buggies and recommend for value. They are not an online shop but do have a website.

The very best of luck with the new arrival.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Bumps n' babies is gone a long while.
    The other big baby shop there babyz store(I foget the name of it but can give directions!) doesn't do Phil and Teds but does a multitude of lovely double and single buggies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I have the sport version and got it with the double kit second hand for €300 including the baby cocoon and double rain cover. It's in great condition and I'm glad I didn't buy it new because after a few months use a new one looks the same as a second hand one.

It's a bit heavy lifting in and out of the car but otherwise I'm very happy with it. We had a couple of flat tyres but got a new tyre and bought a hand pump in a bicycle shop. On the plus side the air tyres are great for country roads.

thanks guys im gonna bring my toddler up the weekend and see how she is in it and then ill shop around , may even go the second hand route
    :):)

Advertisement