Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landscape Architecture

Options
  • 07-06-2011 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Im currently in 6th year and I've applied to study Landscape Architecture in UCD.
    Can anyone tell me if the course is any good and what it basically involves.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 215678

LA is good but very hard work...though that prob wasnt my case. A lot of people dropped out but thats not saying people didn't stay. At the beginning I really hated it but, once I settled it was great. Studio becomes your second home and your classmates are your second family. I would recommend it but be prepared for some work. At first it killed me cos my friend doing arts had 10 hours a week while i had 30 or so but studio is far more entertaining than lectures. The tutors are great and so helpful. It's a great course, enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Dbstf

215678 wrote: »
    LA is good but very hard work...though that prob wasnt my case. A lot of people dropped out but thats not saying people didn't stay. At the beginning I really hated it but, once I settled it was great. Studio becomes your second home and your classmates are your second family. I would recommend it but be prepared for some work. At first it killed me cos my friend doing arts had 10 hours a week while i had 30 or so but studio is far more entertaining than lectures. The tutors are great and so helpful. It's a great course, enjoy it :)

Is the work interesting? Because if you enjoy it, then the work being hard is not a problem :)
    Are you still doing it? If so what year are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

would you say you would need to do tech graph for leaving certto be able for the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Dbstf

brownlad wrote: »
    would you say you would need to do tech graph for leaving certto be able for the course?

No. You need two HC3 and 4 passes in ordinary or higher including maths, english and irish. I think you also need a science subject but i'm not 100% sure. Check at qualifax.ie.

Advertisement