Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pottery Classes

Options
  • 07-06-2011 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello all-I wonder if anyone knows of any pottery classes held in Galway city (or surrounding areas) on Saturdays/Sundays. I volunteer with an organisation for people with intelectual disabilities and one of the service users is interested in doing pottery. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated-cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

There used to be a place just around the corner from the House Hotel, on Merchant's Road run by a guy called Lawrence Kelly or similar, but it's about twelve years since I've been in there and I can't remember noticing it any time I passed recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 galwaybird

I was looking for a pottery class also but cant seem to find one online anywhere in the galway area at all... any help much appreciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055352147

Lar is still in Galway - I often see him walking his dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Largo

Thanks everyone for your help. I remember Lawrence Kelly from when I was a kid and had forgotten all about him. He used to do drop in sessions which would suit perfectly. I'll be around town in the next day or two so will check it out and keep you posted.Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Largo

Hi Galwaybird,
    I was just out in Spiddal at the Ceardlann and there is a place there called "Sliding Rock" who do pottery classes. However they only do night classes but it might be worth investigating.

http://www.slidingrockceramics.com/index.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement