Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacing Chorus box with Combo Box

• 07-06-2011 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

OK.

Have Sky in one room and Chorus in another on opposite sides of the house.
    Thinking of keeping the Sky Box and the dish but replacing the Chorus box
    with a Combo box pulling in SaorView from an arial mounted on the old chorus mast (perhaps using the same f type cable run) and FreeSat coming in from the Sky Dish.

A few questions:

1) Can I attach a quad LNB to the Sky Dish keeping the 2 leads going to the
    existing Sky box and routing one of the other two spares to the combo box to pull in the Free Sat channels to that receiver.

2) What is the best Combo box to look for?
    It seems that the best value ones don't have MHEG5 for Saorview teletext.
    I'd like to record as well but don't like the sound of the timers out there.

Any suggestions or should I wait for a few more months?

Regards

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Well I can at least answer the first question, yes that should work perfectly. Make sure you use at least coax cable that has foil screening inside. Often called RG6 or "sat coax cable". WF100 or TX100 is better again.

The second question has no easy or cheap answers that I know of right now:( The great value <€100 Ferguson box doesn't have MHEG5.

The aerial will likely point in a different direction to the chorus antenna though you probably knew that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭gertechhaha

FERGUSON ARRIVA COMBO BOX IS A GOOD ONE

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MarKo2

Thanks folks.

Looking hard at that model.
    Apparently they can be got from Poland for about €80 !

Great value for a combo

Advertisement