Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Stairs

• 07-06-2011 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Hi I want to replace my stairs with an open thread wood design.

There will be 14 stairs and the ballistrade will extend at right angles 1 metre on the landing.

Does anyone know if these can be purchased from a manufacturer and then I will install (or my carpenter). Alternatively any recommendations of suppliers that are reasonable on cost that may do this job? I am in the Dublin area.

Anyone do anything similar, what were the problems encountered and the rough cost?

thanks for any advice, Work

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Pics of old stairs and landing ripped out and new open stairs and bigger landing installed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

new stairs and landing fitted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

You want a cut string stairs rather than the closed string stairs that you have in your pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭work

You want a cut string stairs rather than the closed string stairs that you have in your pics?

Yes I would ideally prefer open stairs unlike the pictures though the first picture is close to my mind just needs to be open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I am building a stair case at the moment. Most decent carpenters will be able to get their heads around it.

I remember them being around the 1000 euro mark in the boom for a closed string.

I found the link useful .

http://www.extremehowto.com/xh/article.asp?article_id=60182

• Advertisement
Advertisement