Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Corsair 32GB Flash Voyager GTR

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

When it comes to 32gb of data the word refurbished scares me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ecomac wrote: »

great price
    bought a similar corsair one on xmas days for much the same, refurb as well
    no probs with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

CnMemory 32GB USB Flash Drive
    18 Reviews

WAS £36.74
    ONLY £22.95
    Free shipping within the UK!

In stock | Usually dispatched within 24 hours

http://www.memorybits.co.uk/shop/clearance/cnmemory-32gb-usb-flash-drive-usbcnm32gb/20205

Might be worth a go as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭dazmetron

mailburner wrote: »
    great price
    bought a similar corsair one on xmas days for much the same, refurb as well
    no probs with it

So did I (the regular flash voyager). Unfortunately a month ago having lost the rubber cap (it gets loose very easily), I managed to snap the usb connection off the board in the key. Anyone buying one of these should be careful with it - without the rubber cap, it is fragile if kept on a key ring with a bunch of keys or shoved into a pocket. Thankfully I was only using it as a daily backup of data so I didn't lose anything important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

dazmetron wrote: »
    So did I (the regular flash voyager). Unfortunately a month ago having lost the rubber cap (it gets loose very easily), I managed to snap the usb connection off the board in the key. Anyone buying one of these should be careful with it - without the rubber cap, it is fragile if kept on a key ring with a bunch of keys or shoved into a pocket. Thankfully I was only using it as a daily backup of data so I didn't lose anything important.

I was about to say that the most lightly reason that they are refubished is due to the usb connection snapping off. It always happens to these drives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

SickBoy wrote: »
    When it comes to 32gb of data the word refurbished scares me :(

These things are bullet proof, mine has been through a couple of washes in my jeans pocket with no complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

dazmetron wrote: »

I lost the cap on my Voyager GT and Corsair sent me out two new ones free of charge.. they came from the US and they didn't even ask me for postage. Very good customer service.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

ecomac wrote: »

Seems to be out of stock (also the price when I click on the link is £31.99 + £2 pp). Its still a good price- but not nearly as tempting as £22+2pp......?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

EXPIRED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

AntiRip wrote: »

In the specs: write:4-15MB/s thats quite a range

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

paddyp wrote: »
    In the specs: write:4-15MB/s thats quite a range

I see you unthanked me for that :D. I didn't say it was brilliant and tbh I didn't see the specs also just looking for an alternative.

With that range of 4mb on a 32GB stick I wouldn't touch it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

paddyp wrote: »
    I was about to say that the most lightly reason that they are refubished is due to the usb connection snapping off. It always happens to these drives.

If you broke it would you return it? Would they replace it :confused:

Advertisement