Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm on a roll. Check out my bets.

• 07-06-2011 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi there. I joined this forum in the hope of getting some advice. I read about that boy who gambled on "dead certs" and won stupid money and thought i'd have a blast at that.

I started off with £10, betting on barca -1 @ 3/1 in the champions league final, and it was when i got the £40 back that i had the idea.

Anyway, you can see from my screen shot how it's gone since then. Have had thoughts of splitting my bankroll up into three, four or whatever and continuing with the same kind of bets, but i've also got the nagging feeling i should go on for a few more til i hit the grand. Scared to push it too far tho lol

Would appreciate some advice from any folk more experienced than myself... Cheers. http://www.flickr.com/photos/16327744@N03/5809325219/in/photostream

I should just say, i only started this with a tenner, and have been looking on it, partially at least, and slightly less so the more i accumulate, as an experiment of fortune, and have had the mindset that if i lose at any stage i'm only losing my initial stake. Wouldn't normally bets this kind of money, and i've no particular target that i want to get to before i'd stop.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

hi, im just wondering is it online betting your doing?what site do you use.
    i tried 6 bets last year 4 of them came in, would of won a grand or so.
    but its definatly the better way off betting rather than dodgy bets. evens can break your heart when you lose and its set up for the bookies to always have the better hand.
    im hoping to do something similar again soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Dailynaps

Would appreciate some advice from any folk more experienced than myself... Cheers.
    Sure,

1. Withdraw it all.

2. Start picking value bets and putting 1-5% of your betting bank on each pick depending on value.

3. Do this using all available prices from bookmakers and exchanges.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 trippingjimi

Starscream, i've only been using hill's. I'm a bit of a lazy sod :rolleyes:

Dailynaps, thanks for that. Sound advice i'm sure.

How lucky have i been to turn £40 into £400 in around a week tho? Have i hit a 10/1 shot? I don't feel like i've been that lucky tbh. I've done a bit of homework on my bets, admittedly not in terms of finding the best odds, but more in terms of form.

Been thinking of splitting into four, and starting a similar bet with £100. I'd be keeping a couple of stakes in reserve, and would be confident of repeating my progress to £400 probably once out of three times. Just my feeling at the minute, admittedly on the back of a confidence building run of winners.

Could something like that work or is a plan of that type destined to fail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

I'd seriously advise you to take most of that out (maybe 300 or so) and make more reasonable bets. Using 100% of your bank I am 100% sure that you will be broke within a week. You were lucky not to go broke already regardless of how much research you did. You'll have an inflated level of confidence now so take my advice and take most of it out and bet smaller; if you are as good as the run suggests then you'll have no problem building back up to that bank again. But gambling doesn't work that way which you will find out soon enough! Calm it down for a little while because when god made time he made plenty of it.

Splitting it into 4 and repeating the above will result in you going broke. You will inevitably get 4 losers in a row. Gamble with less, trust me on this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

stop looking at the money as only a tenner. ONCE YOU HAVE WON IT THE MONEY IS YOURS. start looking at it as 400 and then decide what you want to do. Take it off and leaving small balance of say 50 this will stop you making silly bets and losing it all in one go as you will have to re deposit further funds to gamble with. How would you feel about putting 400 onto the account to gamble with ?

• Advertisement

Thanks folks. I definitely needed reigned in a bit.

I'd one more punt, USA v canada. I'd been hesitating right up until kick off, sitting staring at the odds of 2/7.... then it started flickering.... 1/7.... next minute 3/8... then 2/7 again. Until it went to 1/2 !?! This is all in the minute before kick off. Anyway i didn't need another invitation. Stuck it all on that, and got 600 back.

Have withdrawn 500, and put 100 on a double, costa rica @ 1/3 and mexico 1/9. See where i go from there :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Yeah I think if Costa Rica and Mexico do come in,then split the total winnings into 4 and start at a smaller scale with 4 different attempts.Or else try split the money into 4 different accounts and try get the best odds with whatever bets take your fancy.

Until then,enjoy spoiling yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I'd one more punt, USA v canada. I'd been hesitating right up until kick off, sitting staring at the odds of 2/7.... then it started flickering.... 1/7.... next minute 3/8... then 2/7 again. Until it went to 1/2 !?! This is all in the minute before kick off. Anyway i didn't need another invitation. Stuck it all on that, and got 600 back.

Have withdrawn 500, and put 100 on a double, costa rica @ 1/3 and mexico 1/9. See where i go from there :cool:

What? 2/7 to 1/7 to 2/7 and then 1/2 in one minute is very very strange. Find it really hard to believe tbqh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Coughlan ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Denners.ie

sitting staring at the odds of 2/7.... then it started flickering.... 1/7.... next minute 3/8... then 2/7 again. Until it went to 1/2 !?! This is all in the minute before kick off.

What site was that on lies.com was it? :pac:

Only messing

• Advertisement

baraca wrote: »
    What? 2/7 to 1/7 to 2/7 and then 1/2 in one minute is very very strange. Find it really hard to believe tbqh

Really? Well that's what i saw. You're probably the man to explain then how i suddenly got 1/2 about a minute before kick off when the odds had been static at 2/7 for 24 hours up until then. Regarding the 1/7 blip, is it beyond the realms of possibility that a trader could have made a mistake and sent the odds the wrong way before quickly correcting it? There're plenty of times, at least on hills, when odds go up and down, up and down all within twenty seconds and you wonder what the frig's goin on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Coughlan ???

You could be right. Coughlan goes to creche in Limerick and the OPs other pics are of one of the Rubberbandits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Really? Well that's what i saw. You're probably the man to explain then how i suddenly got 1/2 about a minute before kick off when the odds had been static at 2/7 for 24 hours up until then. Regarding the 1/7 blip, is it beyond the realms of possibility that a trader could have made a mistake and sent the odds the wrong way before quickly correcting it? There're plenty of times, at least on hills, when odds go up and down, up and down all within twenty seconds and you wonder what the frig's goin on...
    it may or may not have happened, i'd lean towards not tbh, but either way you are aftertiming and should stop.

If you want to prove it post a screenshot, then stop aftertiming eitherway, or go to the aftertiming

Mellor wrote: »
    it may or may not have happened, i'd lean towards not tbh, but either way you are aftertiming and should stop.

If you want to prove it post a screenshot, then stop aftertiming eitherway, or go to the aftertiming

How was i aftertiming? Did you not see the screenshot i posted?

Sorry, i'll correct myself, i've realised i haven't posted a screenshot of my usa bet. I can do that this evening. I suppose you must get alot of bull****ters on here...

You could be right. Coughlan goes to creche in Limerick and the OPs other pics are of one of the Rubberbandits.

Never heard of Coughlan or rubberbandits. The costume is Rorschach, from Watchmen... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

How was i aftertiming? Did you not see the screenshot i posted?

screenshots arent worth a damn after the famous coughlan lol

dotsflan wrote: »
    screenshots arent worth a damn after the famous coughlan lol

This coughlan craic is lost on me mate, dunno what you're on about. I'm sure it's hilarious tho ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

This coughlan craic is lost on me mate, dunno what you're on about. I'm sure it's hilarious tho ;)

its all here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056137089

probably best just to go to the last few pages, you'll get the gist fairly quickly

from page 55 it gets interesting lol

dotsflan wrote: »
    its all here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056137089

probably best just to go to the last few pages, you'll get the gist fairly quickly

from page 55 it gets interesting lol

Brilliant, from the way you make it sound i think i'll enjoy this mate. I'll leave it til i'm home from work this evening and then have a good read:)

Wow....just....wow. What a thread. I read pretty much the whole thing lol.

Until now i wasn't even familiar with the correct concept of aftertiming. I understand it now, and understand, after reading that thread, why it shouldn't be common place.

If i'm posting any bets on here in future, it'll be prior to the event itself, don't worry. ;)

Seriously tho, that thread, especially xpyro's unmasking, was epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Wow....just....wow. What a thread. I read pretty much the whole thing lol.

Until now i wasn't even familiar with the correct concept of aftertiming. I understand it now, and understand, after reading that thread, why it shouldn't be common place.

If i'm posting any bets on here in future, it'll be prior to the event itself, don't worry. ;)

Seriously tho, that thread, especially xpyro's unmasking, was epic.

Your not fooling anyone coughlan.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

He's a trier....!

Well, all i can say is it's an honour to be mistaken for the great man, but sadly for the craic of the masses on here, i'm someone else completely.

I'll even post a screen shot of my face to prove it, soon as i get a camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

AAARRRGGH!!! Coughlan is going to Moon us :-o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

[img][/img]http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/4728864/img/Driver-Ololooo/triple-facepalm.jpg

Advertisement