Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dropbox or skydrive?

• 07-06-2011 11:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭

hi guys/girls
    just like to hear peoples views on which is better/safer
    i use skydrive for photos,it offer 25gig free but if hotmail account is hacked or comprmised are means the photos/docs are easily got at,so would it be safer to use dropbox or similar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

I don't use any of these but this thread may be worth a read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Your hotmail account will not be hacked, though you could be phished ie. entering your details into a dodgy site.

Dropbox is great because it'll sync files from a folder on your computer to everywhere else you use dropbox, skydrive does not have this facility.

On the plus side, both are completely free so it'll cost you nothing to try them. That way you'll be able to decide for yourself which you prefer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭HelpWithIT

I use Dropbox and is great
    Your Hotmail can be hacked if you use a simple password and don't have proper protection on your PC
    Caveat Emptor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i think Skydrive has only a 50mb upload limit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Can I be bold and throw something else into the mix? I use both Dropbox and another called Sugarsync. I find sugarsync superior to dropbox.

www.sugarsync.com
    If it's still only between dropbox and skydrive then dropbox has it by a mile in my mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

If it's between skydrive and dropbox, I'd go with dropbox.. Microsoft still seem to be figuring out what to do with skydrive and it seems to be changing everytime I look in to using it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Can I be bold and throw something else into the mix? I use both Dropbox and another called Sugarsync. I find sugarsync superior to dropbox.

www.sugarsync.com
    If it's still only between dropbox and skydrive then dropbox has it by a mile in my mind.

Sugarsync doesn't support linux, that's me out.

I'm very happy with dropbox, I use it all the time and even use it to send stuff from/to my phone. I've got my account to 4GB, but I'm considering buying the 50Gb for work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Advertisement