Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike stolen

• 08-06-2011 12:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭

Anyone have their bike stolen from outside the postgrad a block? I did:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Raoul wrote: »
    Anyone have their bike stolen from outside the postgrad a block? I did:mad:

Is this a bicycle or a motorbike ?

Plenty of cameras between there and the two exits from DCU - give security a bell.

There does be local scumbags walking thru the college frequently eyeing up bikes and giving them a tug to see what they can get away with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Raoul

redout wrote: »
    Is this a bicycle or a motorbike ?

Plenty of cameras between there and the two exits from DCU - give security a bell.

There does be local scumbags walking thru the college frequently eyeing up bikes and giving them a tug to see what they can get away with.

Yeah, security and guards contacted. Think someone was messing with it last week aswell. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Raoul wrote: »
    Yeah, security and guards contacted. Think someone was messing with it last week aswell. :mad:

Keep on at security to check the video footage - a mate had his car keyed a couple of months back and security said they would review the video - 3 weeks later and nothing back from them - turns out they had either recorded over it or deleted it by that stage! So just be warned they dont keep the recordings that long.

redout wrote: »
    Keep on at security to check the video footage - a mate had his car keyed a couple of months back and security said they would review the video - 3 weeks later and nothing back from them - turns out they had either recorded over it or deleted it by that stage! So just be warned they dont keep the recordings that long.

Guards said they would have a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭DCUlad

Had one stole myself during the year, so had a mate. Seems popular enough alright.

Saw a few little scumbags looking closely at bikes across from the park one day. Needless to say they weren't long going when I challenged them.

BTW, best place to keep a bike in DCU is in the middle of Hampstead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

Yep I had my bike stolen at Christmas beside the Helix, they cut through the lock with something. They really need more cctv cams or more measures in place. The guards in whitehall said its a common occurance up there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭DCUlad

BULLER wrote: »
    Yep I had my bike stolen at Christmas beside the Helix, they cut through the lock with something. They really need more cctv cams or more measures in place. The guards in whitehall said its a common occurance up there...

Presume DCU security went to the ends of the earth to investigate it hah. Useless bunch. Driving around campus all day in vans looking at the girls.

DCUlad wrote: »
    Had one stole myself during the year, so had a mate. Seems popular enough alright.

Saw a few little scumbags looking closely at bikes across from the park one day. Needless to say they weren't long going when I challenged them.

BTW, best place to keep a bike in DCU is in the middle of Hampstead.

Yeah, I realise this now!!! Unfortunately, I won't be buying a bike for a while. :(

Eddie said he looked at the cctv and it was pointed towards the entrance of the park and not anywhere where he could see it being stolen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

BULLER wrote: »

This is what they cut it with.
    25b63625-2206-4aab-becf-c9035dc22721_4.jpg

You need something like this.
    krypt_fahgettaboudit_lck_MD.jpg

And most importantly common-sense,you are in DUBLIN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

Depending on what lock it is they might not had to of cut through it. Most cheap locks are so bad that if you just yank the bike strongly a few times it will break free. I've seen it happen numerous times.

• Advertisement

Depending on what lock it is they might not had to of cut through it. Most cheap locks are so bad that if you just yank the bike strongly a few times it will break free. I've seen it happen numerous times.

It wasn't a cheap lock :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Traiseblaise

Ladies blue Apollo mountain bike stolen Tuesday/Wednesday DCU

Advertisement