Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone EchoLife HG556a security

• 08-06-2011 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I have one of these lovely EchoLife HG556a DSL routers from Vodafone, the Huawei boxes.

A while ago I update the firmware on it, but it didn't fix a critical problem. The default admin access is well known, but I cannot seem to change it. I've gone in under Management / Access Control / User Management, but the moment I click on "User Management", it goes through a couple of page transitions and ends up back on the summary page. This happens both under FF and IE.

It freaks me out, as this is a glaring security vulnerability. If I cannot fix it, I am seriously thinking about replacing it with another DSL router (any suggestions?)

Advertisement