Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glucose Tolerance Test

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Lola92 wrote: »
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you are going public it will be a lot longer than half an hour. My booking appointment in Holles street I was there almost 3 and a half hours. Subsequent visits do tend to be shorter though (usually only 1- 1&1/2 hours when I was there last year anyway!)

The first visit is longer because they take full bloods, medical history and admin stuff in addition to the usual weight, urine samples and meeting the doctor.

Wow! Really? I suppose I've just been thinking it's all so quick cos all my doctors appointments are over with in about ten minutes - including time to pee...

Ok, better cancel my 10am meeting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Yes GP visits are a lot quicker, it is best to do combined GP and hospital care if you haven't signed up for this already! That way you alternate between the two and don't end up with a big wait every visit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭sillysocks

nicowa wrote: »
    Sorry for borrowing your thread here but I'm just wondering... I'm going in for my first hospital visit on Thursday - it's the first check up with all those exams and stuff (ya, I don't really know...). I'm just wondering how long I'll be in there. My appointment is booked for 8am so I suppose I'm one of the first of the day and they won't have had time to get backed up or anything. So... half and hour? a bit longer?

Not sure if its the same with every hospital, but where I am (in the public section) everyone was given the same appointment time and it was first come first served, so just because you're time is 8am doesn't mean you'll get in at 8am!

Advertisement