Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chasing losses?

Options
  • 08-06-2011 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hello lads
    I have been gambling years now but still have not learned to break the habit of chasing losses sometimes :(
    Any advice on how to do this? Is it possible?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Try to bet with no emotions. If you lose you lose, it's part of the game. When you win the game is more fun but obviously you can't win all the time. When you chase then you lose the game :p When I lose I don't really care. If I lose a big bet and I do care then I won't bet any different to how I usually bet and will generally bet more carefully. This helps to curb any losses which may result as a result of getting annoyed about a loss causing me to do things I usually wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

jive wrote: »
    Try to bet with no emotions. If you lose you lose, it's part of the game. When you win the game is more fun but obviously you can't win all the time. When you chase then you lose the game :p When I lose I don't really care. If I lose a big bet and I do care then I won't bet any different to how I usually bet and will generally bet more carefully. This helps to curb any losses which may result as a result of getting annoyed about a loss causing me to do things I usually wouldn't.
    Thanks Jive what you said makes so much sense to me cause I do it out of pure frustration after I lose now and again :o
    Im gonna try do things the Jive way from now on
    The Jive way is the right way :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

noelpat wrote: »
    Thanks Jive what you said makes so much sense to me cause I do it out of pure frustration after I lose now and again :o
    Im gonna try do things the Jive way from now on
    The Jive way is the right way :p

Haha it's true though. No emotion = no care. That being said don't throw down a load of money because you simply don't care. Bet wisely but don't be hurt by the losses, they happen. Everyone gets pissed off on a losing streak and if you can't keep a cool head then take a break! I'm on a serious losing streak in my log but it doesn't bother me because you can blow hot and cold, such is the gambling life! When you are doing really sh!te though I'd advise only selecting the bets you seriously fancy; this way you don't lose the plot altogether and when you lose at least you can say in hindsight that it was still worth taking on. Nothing worse than putting money on something you know is retarded that goes on to be a loser.

Advertisement