Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unexplained infertility, PCOS

Options
  • 08-06-2011 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Okay, so i was diagnosed with mild PCOS. went on metformin (still on it), tried Clomid for 6 months - 2 mature eggs every month and took LH injection to release eggs. After 6 months on clomid , still nothing.
    got HSG done - Tubes are not blocked, they are wide open. why the hell am i not getting pregnant. im 31 yrs old, sick of seeing negative preg tests each month:( at this stage its unexplained infertility. have nobody to talk to about it, cos nobody understands.
    all my friends and family are dropping babies like flies. its so frustrating. ive been trying 2 years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I am so sorry. We also had unexplained infertility, without the PCOS bit. Took us three years and three IUIs to get pregnant. Has your partner been tested? Have you had a lap to look at your tubes and uterus and help with the PCOS?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ilovefridays

hi silja,
    yes, we have had everything checked, he's been checked too. its just so frustrating. what i cant understand was that i was taking clomid and there was 2 mature eggs there each month and i was taking the ovridril injection to release the eggs, but still not getting pregnant. and my tubes are wide open, no blockages :confused:
    its so annoying and nobody seems to understand. people keep saying 'ah it will happen'. easy for them to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cara A

Okay, so i was diagnosed with mild PCOS. went on metformin (still on it), tried Clomid for 6 months - 2 mature eggs every month and took LH injection to release eggs. After 6 months on clomid , still nothing.
    got HSG done - Tubes are not blocked, they are wide open. why the hell am i not getting pregnant. im 31 yrs old, sick of seeing negative preg tests each month:( at this stage its unexplained infertility. have nobody to talk to about it, cos nobody understands.
    all my friends and family are dropping babies like flies. its so frustrating. ive been trying 2 years.
    I know exactly how u feel. Over two years and still nothing!! After years of tests by **** doctors was told no reason to my infertility!! So we kinda gave up. Going to new doc now and said severe PCOS!! On cyclogest and femara and still nothing but early days!! Still lots of tests to do!! Have blood tests three times a month and scans twice a month!! It's a long road but hopefully it will all be worth it!! You should try a diff doctor and ask to have all the tests done again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Skadi

It took me over 10 years to get pregnant. Any tests just showed that my hormones were all over the place with sometimes them being high and sometimes them being low. I had very irregular periods (sometimes less than 4 a year).

I decided myself to follow the PCOS diet. As well as I that I decided to get fit. After about six months on the diet I started getting periods again and actually got pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

I think after 2 years you need to start moving things on. I have PCOS and did the clomid and did the TSI and eventaually decided to move on to IVF which I never thought we would have to do. The first one didnt work and was devestated but the second one worked so it was worth all the wait. We were TCC about 6 years in all between the clomid, TSI and then took a break as my head was wrecked and eventually the IVF. Lost weight about 2 stone before the 2nd IVF.
    Its not easy but the one thing I wish I did in hindsight was move things on faster-i think we were on clomid for a year which was way too long and then TSI for another year or two-you know they way things dont work out every month and then you have to wait another month. make a plan and move things on.
    best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Hi can you give me some advice on the PCOS diet please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It's basically a low-GI diet.

This book is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Baby74

Hi girls, im in the same situation. am 36 ttc for 2 years. Ive had internal scans, hycosi, lap & dye tubes not blocked, numerous bloods and my hubby was checked twice (he seemingly has super sperm lol) my diagnosis was PCOS and high prolactin. I was put on Parlodel to bring prolacting down, I get my period every month and have been using ovulation kit on and off, last month LH surge was on day 20 this month day 15 which was yesterday!
    Im not overweight and dont have any of the usual signs of PCOS. Doc said to stay off white bread and sugary foods -
    Seeing as I have had all the tests done im giving myself until October to get pregnant and if nothin by then we are going to have to consider IVF.

As I am ovulating every month Doc says they call it unexplained fertility.
    Fingers crossed for all of us x

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

if you are tcc 2 years i wouldnt wait any longer start making enquiries it all takes time. you have to makes enquiries and register and some places do a course. no harm moving it on.

Advertisement