Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 08-06-2011 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

im on the look out for a .308 and was wonding what kinda of money i could expect to pay for one without a scope but with a mod, maybe a cz a ruff price new and what kind of money second hand ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

ferrete wrote: »
    im on the look out for a .308 and was wonding what kinda of money i could expect to pay for one without a scope but with a mod, maybe a cz a ruff price new and what kind of money second hand ???

Thats kinda like asking how much would a second hand car cost me.

you should be able to pick up a 308 for anything from e500 to 700 at a guess and a second hand moderator would set you back say 100-150

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

ferrete wrote: »

Duffys in galway has a new Marlin 308 for 550 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭ferrete

i lookin for a cz like the kit would be ok money then except for the scope

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭The Big Fella

That marlin XS7 looks like good value for a .308.

maybe it is then what kind of a name does marlin have would they be reliable. for i dont sell on guns i buy an keep just prob 4 life

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I don't want to run down the Marlin as i've never fired it, but i did get a good look at one the other day. The rifle is ultra light, both the stock and the barrel. It does not appear to be fully floated and the muzzle is so thin that threading it for a mod would be "tricky" at best.

They are great value, but you really do get what you pay for and in this case it would seem to "little is best" attitude. As i said though i've never fired one so cannot comment on performance. Only going on look, and feel.

Jim Griffin currently has a Savage 10 FCP with scope. Not sure on the price. He also has a Remmy 700 in an AICS stock for €1000 or less. No scope. Lastly i think he also has a CZ550 or 750. Not sure of the model. All three are .308 cal.

I could suggest other dealers but for reasonable money they are the three that come to mind.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

thank you very much i apperiate this kind of help guys

Advertisement