Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to split a video into sperate videos?

• 08-06-2011 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I have a home movie that i've put onto my computer but i now want to split that into smaller videos.

Is there a way to do this online or downloading some free stuff to do it? and if so can someone walk me though it because im not getting it lol

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭Nugget89

You should have something like windows movie maker automatically installed on your computer, or if it's newer I think you have to download it. Then there should be an option to clip the video. I can't really talk you through it though cos I have a mac (if you are on a mac use iMovie)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

Hmm, I think the program im using now might can do help for you, named iFunia video converter, it has crop and trim function in "edit", you can trim the videos into several sperate videos.
    You can google it and have a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 john hodges

Load you long video into your computer as an .AVI file. Get a video editing program or open your video editing software and get the big video onto your timeline. Go to point in movie where you want to cut it, cut and delete everything behind that cut on the timeline. Record from timeline, time you cut. Save movie as you like.
    Repeat above process, this time 2 cuts, first at time you recorded earlier, delete everything in front of this cut. Now go to point where you want this clip to end. Cut, then delete everything after the cut. Record time off of timeline where this cut was made. Repeat, load whole file into editor, move timeline to time recorded for last cut last time through. Cut, then delete everything in front of that cut. Save movie. When saving your files Number them file1, file 2 and file 3 where "file" is the same as the big file you put on the computer originally. this will make them easy to find later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

What is the file format of your home movie. You'll get a better answer by specifying that.

Solveig Multimedia have a basic, but functional .avi trimmer.

Have a look: http://www.solveigmm.com/en/howto/how-to-edit-your-movie-to-put-it-on-youtube-with-avi-trimmer/

---

http://www.videohelp.com/

The above site have a great listing\depository of software for video editing tasks. A lot of what is on offer is functional, freeware or open source, GPL in some shape or form.

Great forums too.

Advertisement