Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Separate Graduation for repeat semester students?

Options
  • 08-06-2011 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hello all,

Long story short-I'm back in September to do two modules (was repeating a semester and did extra credits).

Commerce has their graduation in September, which obviously doesn't suit me. I'm wondering if anyone knows if you can get a degree before the next years graduation. I'm not really that fussed for the actual day to be honest.

I heard something about a graduation in January/February for all of those who do an extra semester but I've found nothing about it whatsoever on the conferring website. Then I heard they keep it hush hush to discourage people doing this-like all things registration related can be hard to accept these rumours.

Anyways, does anyone know anything about this/anyone in this situation? It wouldn't make a difference, but I'm looking to go do TEFL and apparently they NEED a degree, transcript/letter from the college won't do. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

It is not "hush-hush", you just attend one of the other graduation ceremonies that are held in that period. Many Masters and PhD students have their graduations between January and May, so there are plenty of opportunities.

Advertisement