Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woman gets 152 Facebook friends tattooed on her arm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

An unnamed woman , who got 150 names put on her???? Should have got her own name put on tbh.

But seriously , this is unbelievably stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

I came in to have a laugh at this. I don't like tattoos at all but as far as tattoos go I've seen a lot worse. Doesn't look too bad at all imo. I thought it was going to be typical black silly font of random peoples names. It's actually pretty cool although to have that on you forever is, in a word, retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

old_aussie wrote: »
    An unnamed woman from The Netherlands, going by the YouTube handle ‘‘susyj87’’, has posted video of a complex tattoo session to have 152 of her digital buddies forever etched onto her right arm.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/news/local/news/general/woman-gets-152-facebook-friends-tattooed-on-her-arm/2188934.aspx

Some poeple are so desperate.

Wonder what she does when one of her facebook friends says they're NOT her friend anymore?
    Easy solution to that little problem:

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/10169499.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=5047FA587DE1CADE25A9F43941EB1211B5FFC4264999C5813B17E3B2CAFD8BDB

She should just thank her lucky stars she didn't do it while Bebo was popular, it would make her look like an even bigger tit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Going from Facebook to Armbook.

No 'arm in that, is there?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I suppose what ever floats her boat. Personaly I think she will be regretting such a tattoo in years to come..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭hairy sailor

jive wrote: »
    I came in to have a laugh at this. I don't like tattoos at all but as far as tattoos go I've seen a lot worse. Doesn't look too bad at all imo. I thought it was going to be typical black silly font of random peoples names. It's actually pretty cool although to have that on you forever is, in a word, retarded.

agree except i have & love tattoo's,was expecting alot worse and at least it's original

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

agree except i have & love tattoo's,was expecting alot worse and at least it's original

Yes it is original, I've got to give her that.

I wonder if she actually knows any of them in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Going by your username I hope you have one of an anchor

Yes it is original, I've got to give her that.

I wonder if she actually knows any of them in real life.

or i wonder what it'll look like in a few years when she fall's out with & delete's some of them,just be one big mess of a cover up

Going by your username I hope you have one of an anchor

never went down that road yet,got 3 big one's if i get another think it'll have to be a nautical themed 40's pin up girl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Almost looks tasteful in a pop-art kinda way.

http://boingboing.net/2010/01/12/tattoo-of-eyeglass-f.html

This ^^ is truly retarded (if it's real).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Whats she gonna do if she has a falling out with one of them :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The worst thing is she gets publicity, she should be just put out on the street and let everyone laugh at her for being a right thick cunt! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

lol, only 152 friends. What a loner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Only 152 friends?

If i put my dog on Facebook it would have more.

Also it would have more sense not to get them tatoo'd on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭BlueBaron

she is some weirdo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Face, meet palm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Facebook has jumped the shark...

NEXT!

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

It looks quite good but wait 15 years and it'll be about as cool as having a Geocities tattoo now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Looper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

I'd give the tatoo artist one, I tell ya that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Can't say I'd be happy if she was my friend :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I think it looks deadly. An original idea having your friends tattooed on your arm. Better than a Chinese symbol or "I love mum" or a dolphin or a Real Madrid crest or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

An unnamed woman from The Netherlands, going by the YouTube handle ‘‘susyj87’’, has posted video of a complex tattoo session to have 152 of her digital buddies forever etched onto her right arm.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/news/local/news/general/woman-gets-152-facebook-friends-tattooed-on-her-arm/2188934.aspx

Wonder what she does when one of her facebook friends says they're NOT her friend anymore?

Loser, obviously has no actual friends to tell her this is a bad idea

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

I really hope her facebook friends knew about this and gave their permission! Imagine her just putting up that picture and changing her status to "I got all of your faces etched into my skin forever, you're welcome!" Crazy mofo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Idea sounds retarded, but it actually turned out quite cool.

If she got it done around that child abuse campaign it would have been cooler though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

You can't be THAT close to 152 people that they deserve to be tattooed onto you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

NotExactly wrote: »
    I'd give the tatoo artist one, I tell ya that.
    id let her tattoo whatever she wanted on my arm, or anywhere else for that matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Bebo's where its at. Its on the way back i tells ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Whats she gonna do if she has a falling out with one of them :confused:

That's what I thought as well.

Maybe she will get a tatoo that says "ignore" beside the person's name on her arm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

to be fair, thats a fairly bitchin sleeve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

KeithM89 wrote: »

Nooooooo

Just when I was starting to believe there was some good in the world. How will I go on. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

had a fair idea it was. the colour work was done far too quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Nicely done tattoo but I think it's rather ill-advised and there's a high chance she's going to regret it some time in the future.

If she's only 24, as her handle suggests she's at a stage in life where she's still making new friends and possibly leaving others behind.
    What happens, as you say if any of them fall out with her and 'unfriend' her, or vice versa?
    will she want a permanent reminder on her arm of someone she now doesn't get on with?

Also, those tiny portraits are probably not going to look great in a few years when the ink fades and starts to become fuzzy.

Still, it's her choice and if she's happy with it who am I to judge.

Edit: Fake! serves me right for not reading the previous posters comments...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

This comment is pretty funny. Looks like we have ourselves a terrorist.

alek2407
    No good Dutch raising our crime rates, taking american jobs, plotting terrorist attacks, and communism, that too.

PixelSnader
    Wait what? I'm offended. I never took an American job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Greentopia wrote: »
    Nicely done tattoo
    she's at a stage in life where she's still making new friends ...

She still has another arm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Very smart advertising campaign tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Dear god... i like tattoos but something like that is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ericaa

It's a fake! It was only temporary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

It's atrocious, but still better than this:

stars-wrist-tattoo.jpg]

Is there anything more depressing than people getting the same fcuking tattoo?

I think it looks cool... But the fact that it's facebook ruins it. But it definitely looks good as a design if the photos were of something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

i am suprised so many people entertained the notion that such an idea was physically workable in the skin with tattoo ink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

chakotha wrote: »
    It looks quite good but wait 15 years and it'll be about as cool as having a Geocities tattoo now.

As her arm gets old and wrinkly it wont matter,her friends will be doing the same.I think it looks cool tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

i am suprised so many people entertained the notion that such an idea was physically workable in the skin with tattoo ink.

Maybe we all haven't watched as much Miami Ink as you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

In fairness it doesn't actually look that bad! I've seen worse!! Id probably get something like that, i have some really attractive friends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

In fairness it doesn't actually look that bad! I've seen worse!! Id probably get something like that, i have some really attractive friends

What does their attractiveness have to do with it? Surely if they're real friends it shouldn't matter what they look like and you'd be happy to have them on you whether attractive or unattractive.

Why do you think it wouldn't be? Are you a tattoo artist? I'm guessing not because if you were you would be familiar with the work of the amazing Anil Gupta
    famous for his incredibly detailed miniatures that disproves what you're saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

pity it was a fake as on first sight i thought it was remarkable work.

i worked in tattoos studios for years and if you guys think this was rediculous

• Advertisement
Advertisement