Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from After Hours for 6 months

Options
  • 08-06-2011 5:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

I've been banned for derailing a thread.
    It had no text, just a 17second video....:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    So I asked a question about smileys, sarcastically taking the piss, because the OP had made no point!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

My ban
    Hi TeddyTedson,

You have been banned from After Hours for the following duration:

6 Month(s)

for the following reason:

As per Mod warning, banned for six months. No need to be a dick and hijack an otherwise legit thread.

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 6 Month(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the allotted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.

Bans occur after a serious rules breach so please keep in mind that Moderators don't just decide to ban people out of the blue. If you wish to appeal this ban, please follow our Dispute Resolution Process here. Your first action should always be to PM the Moderator(s) of the forum to discuss the ban. Remember that our Mods are volunteers and are not always online, so they may not be able to answer you straight away.

All the best,
    boards.ie

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TeddyTedson
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Micky Dolenz
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TeddyTedson
    Did you get my pm?

Yes.

I see you also posted it in the DRP, so I will leave the CMod handle it.

Micky

What I find annoying is that I can't even see After Hours anymore. Is that supposed to happen?

Yes, because you are banned. If you log out you can read the forum.
    Need a Cmod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Need a Cmod.

A CMod has already commented on your ban in your other thread and has supported it.

As another Rec CMod I would also support the ban - you were given a warning not to start threads so you chose to hijack someone else's for your own purposes.

The contents of the thread OP are irrelevant - if you didn't like it or didn't feel it belonged in AH or was breaking some rules you should have reported it, not used it to knowingly and willingly try to circumvent the request that you stop starting nonsensical threads. I see no reason to lift your ban when you went to such an effort to ignore Mod instructions.

It goes to an Admin now - they'll see this thread and comment on it when they get a chance to.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I've reviewed your posts on AH.

You have started a phenomenal amount of pointless threads on the forum, threads that can go nowhere, broker no discussion, and just lead to being locked.

Really, quite frankly, that comes under spamming, trolling, or just general wasting of moderator time.

In my opinion, the 6 month ban is quite fair, you were given due warning, you chose to continue to try push your luck.

My advice is to sit out your 6 month ban, and upon your return to the forum, before starting any threads, ask yourself "What is this actually bringing to the forum".

Silverfish wrote: »
    I've reviewed your posts on AH.

You have started a phenomenal amount of pointless threads on the forum, threads that can go nowhere, broker no discussion, and just lead to being locked.

Really, quite frankly, that comes under spamming, trolling, or just general wasting of moderator time.

In my opinion, the 6 month ban is quite fair, you were given due warning, you chose to continue to try push your luck.

My advice is to sit out your 6 month ban, and upon your return to the forum, before starting any threads, ask yourself "What is this actually bringing to the forum".
    :(

• Advertisement

There must be something that can be done here.
    If I subscribe will I still be banned?
    I think the 6 months is just unrealistic. You might as well lock me up and throw away the key.
    Or if I agree to help mod another forum for 6 months?
    I don't think you realise that I was a veteran of AH, most of my posts were in there. All with good intentions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

An admin decision has been given and is final, thus this is being closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement