Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about english

• 08-06-2011 5:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭

I got the required grade in english last year.
    I'm repeating this year, could i drop it today and use the grade(not points) from last year? I have 6 subjects for the points.

Edit: I went to school and asked, I was told I did not have to do English.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Electra19

Luyola, only spotted this now and hope you haven’t already gone into English! Yes, you can carry subject requirements from a previous year but no you cannot combine points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Would an NG come up on your result though? let us know after what you done in the end OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭luyolo

I went home after the Principal told me I could carry the grade over from last year. I know you can't carry points over.

Didn't want to do the English again because for some reason my spoken English gets better and written gets worse every year.

I only started speaking English in 2005.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Whoever wrote the English paper was cat obsessed...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Whoever wrote the English paper was cat obsessed...
    How was it?.

• Advertisement

It was ok. :) the essay choices were fairly bad though!

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    It was ok. :) the essay choices were fairly bad though!
    That's good to hear! One down already! Woo, what was the theme of the paper?.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Shane101

Didn't get to finish the essay, nooooooooo.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Mystery was the theme if it hasnt been answered, I was happy with the paper, much nicer than the mock!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Had planned on doing the speech but god, that title was awful. :pac: and I didnt know what 'indispensible' meant until the end of the exam so did the technology article. But the rest of the paper was nice :)

• Advertisement

Shane101 wrote: »
    Didn't get to finish the essay, nooooooooo.
    I'm sure you'll be fine! They'll probably make allowances for you if your essay was a good standard!

That's good to hear! One down already! Woo, what was the theme of the paper?.

I did a speech on the importance of mystery in books, an essay on 'my city in 24 hours' and a comprehension on cats..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭szybki

does it mean that If I repeat I do not have to sat English exam ? but what will appear on the resoult statement ?

Advertisement