Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed, dog sitter

• 08-06-2011 8:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone help? We are supposed to be going to a wedding this weekend. Our family and friends have always dog sitted for us while we were away but the family members are away(only realised last week) and friends are all at the wedding.

We phoned a place in south Dublin last week that home dogs for you, they were supposed to ring back and didn't and by the time we phoned back on tuesday morning they are now booked up. Kennels won't take them as they need to have shots 5 days prior and in case it's not obvious from the post we are not too keen on kennels anyway.

Is there anything you can sugest?? As we have always left the dogs with family and friends we are not too well up on everything.

We live in south dublin and have two small dogs. Thanks.

Comments

I sent you a PM who i use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

what kind of dogs are they and what's their temperament like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭cosman9373

tmc86 wrote: »
    what kind of dogs are they and what's their temperament like?

Tibetan spaniel: very friendly, nearly over friendly. very curious too and always at the centre of everything. very good with kids and other dogs.

Papillon: afraid of everything, takes time to trust but once she does, she won't leave your side. very shy with kids but maybe too small for small kids, good with other dogs too.

Both are well looked after and have never showed any agression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Are neither of them vaccinated OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Unless you can find someone who will come and stay in your house, with them being unvaccinated, even people who look after dogs in their own homes probably won't be able to help you.

Are they totally unvaccinated, or do they just not have kennel cough?

Where is the wedding? I know someone in Galway that has dogs staying in her home, and who owns Tibetan Terriers.

• Advertisement

ISDW wrote: »
    Unless you can find someone who will come and stay in your house, with them being unvaccinated, even people who look after dogs in their own homes probably won't be able to help you.

Are they totally unvaccinated, or do they just not have kennel cough?

Where is the wedding? I know someone in Galway that has dogs staying in her home, and who owns Tibetan Terriers.

sorry yes i forgot to say they're fully vaccinated, just don't have kennel cough.

wedding is in enniscorthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 doongeelagh

Hi

I’m not sure if you were asking for someone to look after your dogs or whither you wanted a professional to look after them but my sister & I are interested in taking care of your dogs for the weekend. We are big dog lovers but we work during the week so we don’t believe it is fair for us to get a dog who would have no company during the day. We live in an apartment with access to a closed garden so we could mind the dogs for the weekend if you like. Otherwise if your dogs live outside they could stay in your house & we could bring them for walks and feed them if need be. Let me know if this would be something you would like to arrange.

Thanks everyone for your replies, was so worried I would miss this wedding but the number from @dre as in dray put us onto a lead(no pun intended) until eventually we were pointed in the direction of these guys http://www.safehandspetcare.ie/. They are after doing us a massive favour and I can't thank them enough.

Advertisement