Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citywest to Grand Canal Quay (No:50 Bus?)

Options
  • 08-06-2011 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hey,

Would anyone know how long the 50 bus takes from Citywest to Grand Canal Quay in the morn/end of office day?

I got a job interview there and just wondering if I got the job is this bus journey a nightmare?

I drive but any car parks near there seem to be really expensive and to rent a space from someone is over a 100 per month!

Thanks for any feedback;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

The journey could take well over an hour. The Luas is opening soon to Citywest, so that could well be a faster option.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

swanangel wrote: »
    Hey,

Would anyone know how long the 50 bus takes from Citywest to Grand Canal Quay in the morn/end of office day?

The 50 is due to be taken off shortly and the 77A will be the bus from citywest to town so if you add in the time for old Bawn, Tymon north etc it's going to be one long trip!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

I would allow an hour. You're traveling out of town against rush hour traffic, so it shouldn't be too bad.

It's probably worth mentioning that route 50 is one of the routes to be cancelled in the Tallaght area. Soon, the bus serving Citywest will be the 77a and will depart from Pearse Street.

Part of Citywest is also served by the 69.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭swanangel

Oh thanks a million I had no idea about the 50 bus been cut soon! It would be so much easier if parking was more resonable in town, but I guess eveyone would be doing it then. I might have to rethink this job.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭eejoynt

luas to citywest opens in early july - walk from one of the stations between busarus and the point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

KD345 wrote: »
    I would allow an hour. You're traveling out of town against rush hour traffic, so it shouldn't be too bad.

It's probably worth mentioning that route 50 is one of the routes to be cancelled in the Tallaght area. Soon, the bus serving Citywest will be the 77a and will depart from Pearse Street.

Part of Citywest is also served by the 69.

Bear in mind that this is still at proposal stage - we've yet to see the final post-consultation network in the Tallaght area.

Based on the change to the 140 that is apparent from yesterday's proposals for the Templeogue QBC, the original plans will change in some form.

Advertisement