Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

very early pregnant and anxious

Options
  • 08-06-2011 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

we are so early we dont know if we are 100% pregnant yet (week 5 at most) we had three positive pregnancy tests out of four on monday. if we are pregnant this will be our third pregnancy, the other two ended in miscarriage (7 weeks & 10 weeks). my o/h is spotting alot, mostly brown and light, but today it was slightly pink and a bit heavier. we are anxious and worried it will happen again but also we are trying to be positive and we know that some women will spot and some wont. any advice/similar early signs with positive outcomes we'd love to hear. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

You could try the maternity hospital, I think the heartbeat starts kicking in at 6 weeks though, but maybe they can do an ultrasound scan and see how things are looking in there? Explain to them that she's had 2 miscarriages before, which is why you're understandably worried and they'll point you in the right direction. Best of luck xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

When you are having bleeding/discharge try the early pregnancy unit in your maternity hospital. Go to your GP who will hopefully write you a referral letter. They can see right back to 5 weeks so hopeflly they can tell you what is or isn't happening.

We are in the same position, third pregnancy, previous two ending in miscarriage. It is very worrying and hard to stay positive. Every morning that I wake up with sore boobs I thank my lucky stars and say a quick prayer. I thik I'll even be happy if I start puking. We're only 6 weeks on Friday and have a scan booked for the following Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 harryoharra

hi, thanks for the replies so far. I think my o/h would like to wait a couple of days before we go to the early pregnancy unit as this does not have good memories for us, unfortunately. hopefully things will settle down in the next day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

We got pregnant immediatly when we tried to start our family but went through a horrific series of mis and were about to give up when we tried that last time which resulted in our son who is just over 14 months old. The pregnancy was carefully monitored but we still had bleeds, I also have other health issues which made the pregnancy a lot more complex, he was born at 37 weeks and was a tiny baby baby but has caught up. We tried again for another child to complete our family and she was born last Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 harryoharra

hi cathy, congratulations on your son and daughter. thanks for sharing that with us. It is really encouraging for us to know we are not alone and we can go on to have a successful pregnancy.

obviously we wish it was easier and it would just happen without incident, but this is our journey and we have to be strong for each other. hearing that it can happen, even with bleeds etc. gives us hope.

• Advertisement
Advertisement