Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wimbeldon in 3D

Comments

John mac wrote: »
    125th anniversary of the championships marked with live 3D coverage of the men's and ladies' singles finals

Anyone with a 3D tv and satellite receiver . (and glasses)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2011/06_june/08/3d.shtml

Thats cool , i have the 3D Tv the glasses but UPC HD :(

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Jon_459

According to the BBC Announcement:
    " The Wimbledon finals will be available in 3D (subject to homes having a 3D television with HD built in or a 3D TV connected to an HD box and a pair of 3D glasses) on the BBC HD channel – the BBC's High Definition channel available through Freesat channel 109, Freeview channel 54, Sky channel 169 and Virgin Media channel 187".

but I can't pickup BBC HD anymore on my Sky box !! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭homelink

[QUOTE

but I can't pickup BBC HD anymore on my Sky box !! :mad:[/QUOTE]

If you have BBC HD & BBC 1HD in the other channels menu you should delete them then re-boot the box. You won't get BBC1 HD back but BBC HD should come back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

To anyone that's seen it - what's 3D like on tv - is it just a gimmick or the future ?

greendom wrote: »
    To anyone that's seen it - what's 3D like on tv - is it just a gimmick or the future ?

I hate 3d in the cinema . Its is better on the TV but i still class it as gimmick. It takes away from good movies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Thats cool , i have the 3D Tv the glasses but UPC HD :(

UPC HD carries BBC HD does it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Jon_459

greendom wrote: »

I've had 3D since Christmas - absolutely brilliant. Football is good however, in some stadiums they put the 3D cameras lower down in the stand so the higher view in HD can be better. Rugby is even better in 3D ... you can almost reach into the scrum!
    Ryder Cup in 3D was amazing.
    I've seen a number of 3D films - mostly animation -and they're very good. I didn't see Avatar in the cinema but on TV it's unbelievable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Must admit I've not been too impressed with any 3D film Iv'e seen in the cinema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭JDxtra

What if you want to watch in HD, but not 3D? Hopefully 3D will be a red button service or separate channel number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

JDxtra wrote: »
    What if you want to watch in HD, but not 3D? Hopefully 3D will be a red button service or separate channel number.

BBC1 HD screening it in 2D, BBC HD in 3D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dbcool

if this continues then expect englands 6 nations matches in 3d as well - the bbc filmed them 2 seasons ago in 3d for cinemas so it would make sense if they did again - also enlgland play ireland on paddys day next year so it would be excellent!

Advertisement