Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The irish fcuking sun

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

gscully wrote: »
    This is all about context.

The S*n are trying to make it look like he's advocating the use of Rohypnol, whereas I'm guessing he only joked that the only way she'd go back to his place is if it was used on her. Two different things entirely and NK should think seriously about legal action, or at least clarifying his position with another newspaper.

This is such a non-event, but they're using his involvement in the Music Fest against him. Hopefully they'll be allowed no coverage of the event. Alex Ferguson-style media lockdown!

Nah, its best just to ignore it. Think of the subliminal message, they are associating him with a sexy lady.

There is no such thing as bad publicity. Just look at Ryanair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Both hacks are on Twitter:

Barry Moran http://twitter.com/BarryM85 All he seems to do is goad celebrities, possibly with a view to then carrying a story on their response.
    Blanaid Murphy http://twitter.com/IrishSunNews1 She doesn't use it much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Jaysus that was a sheite story to have in a paper. If they seen the crap I put on my page they would dedicate a full newspaper to me. Muppets.

Barry Moran http://twitter.com/BarryM85 All he seems to do is goad celebrities, possibly with a view to then carrying a story on their response.
    Yeah that barry is a tit.

BarryM85 @AmandaJBrunker OK I'm your 5000th but now you can't complain if I follow you home at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

The sun must be stuck for storys, don’t use facebook myself and that’s the reason why, everyone knows your business, I always say to the Mrs Why do you add people you don’t know. Its like a competition I have more friends than you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

One of us should ring up The Star.

"I've a great story about Barry Moran harassing people on Twitter."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hold on a second! Is that Barry Moran the guy that wrote the article? And he makes a stalking joke using a social networking site about a celebrity? Anyone pick on a touch of double standards.

One of us should ring up The Star.

"I've a great story about Barry Moran harassing people on Twitter."

It wouldn't be a bad idea you know.

dayshah wrote: »
    Nah, its best just to ignore it. Think of the subliminal message, they are associating him with a sexy lady.

There is no such thing as bad publicity. Just look at Ryanair.

Ryanair are a business. NK is a young man who's character is being besmirched as he's labelled an advocate of date-rape drugs. There's a world of difference there.

Ryanair are a business. NK is a young man who's character is being besmirched as he's labelled an advocate of date-rape drugs. There's a world of difference there.

That's true.

Anyway its a non-story. Anyone who was just flicking through would not notice it, just the picture of her. Its best just to let the story die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Nobody is going to take that seriously and honestly thats some publicity that would have cost a serious amount of money. The festival and headlining acts mentioned in a national paper/fcuking rag.
    Like they say, no such thing as bad publcity. Its obvious that it was a joke.

dayshah wrote: »
    That's true.

Anyway its a non-story. Anyone who was just flicking through would not notice it, just the picture of her. Its best just to let the story die.

Maybe, but I imagine that's very hard for NK to do. Hopefully he's made of sterner stuff and with a good network of mates around him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

I thought this thread was about the weather.

I thought this thread was about the weather.

So did I but this is funnier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

so if neil worked in a factory and made those comments= no news paper intrest
    but because he is trying to bring poker and music events to waterford/ireland and in doing so he brings in short term employment and outside cash he can be pursued by idiototic press parasites as a legitimate target
    unreal..cant post what i want to call these so called journalist

Dare I say it? The Sun are displaying begrudgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

I had a look in centra on the quay the didnt have the sun it must of been sold out(ha ha) could anyone scan the page for me? You know you want to!

Abouttobebanned already put it up.....

ziedth wrote: »
    Abouttobebanned already put it up.....
    How embarrissing is this..

SUNGOD wrote: »
    so if neil worked in a factory and made those comments= no news paper intrest
    but because he is trying to bring poker and music events to waterford/ireland and in doing so he brings in short term employment and outside cash he can be pursued by idiototic press parasites as a legitimate target
    unreal..cant post what i want to call these so called journalist

This make me laugh, this music fest is not being backed by Mr Kelly’s money, he is helping out with the promoting, why in god's name would the sun would want to print this S***T I don’t know, a lesson to us all be careful what you say on facbook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

Christ, that is shocking, he really should take legal action for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Miss Salpa seems to be taking it in her stride "people say stupid things on faecesbook all the time"

Christ, that is shocking, he really should take legal action for that!

Waste of time and money, If the sun hacked his twitter or facebook or what ever he has a case, The info was giving to the sun, he posted it a joke or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Exactly its not like he didn't type the words.

People, think before you type!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

In fairness to Georgia, she comes across as a very level-headed individual,she knows this thing has been blown out of proportion as she always looks so well herself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭montreal2011

FaceBook: More than 500 million active users

Boards.ie: Members: 449,527

Irish Sun CIRCULATION FIGURES: Jul - Dec 2010: 84277

He was an idiot to it on FB, OP didn't help him by posting it on here. The Irish Sun has done the least damage of all. The Irish Sun is not going to miss an opportunity to print a pic of Georgia Salpia as that is what their readers want; they don't actually read the articles!

FaceBook: More than 500 million active users

Boards.ie: Members: 449,527

Irish Sun CIRCULATION FIGURES: Jul - Dec 2010: 84277

He was an idiot to it on FB, OP didn't help him by posting it on here. The Irish Sun has done the least damage of all. The Irish Sun is not going to miss an opportunity to print a pic of Georgia Salpia as that is what their readers want; they don't actually read the articles!

He's not friends with 500m people on facebook though it's only a post between NK and his friends, I have posted up some pretty mad **** on mine from time to time which taken out of context would make me look simply nuts.

It's definately a lesson to learn but it's still the lowest thing I have seen printed in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭montreal2011

ziedth wrote: »
    He's not friends with 500m people on facebook though it's only a post between NK and his friends, I have posted up some pretty mad **** on mine from time to time which taken out of context would make me look simply nuts.

It's definately a lesson to learn but it's still the lowest thing I have seen printed in a while.

It's the way of the world now, it has all the elements of [celeb / trash] media story, hot model, drugs and facebook!

I remember another Irish tabloid having a front page story last year that was much worse in the sense that it was no business of anyone except the family involved and was not news that anyone else needed to know. It was just a chance to make a headline out of a personal family tragedy that affected nobody outside the family and their friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I hope I never become remotely famous. If any paper had a look at my facebook, they'd have stories for weeks.

• Advertisement

Im supprised so many people are shocked, this is what tabloids do.

Everyone here is from waterford im sure most of ye will know a handfull of women(possibly men) who take a story and turn it inside out just to get a bit of gossip, happens everywhere I sure but you notice it more where you know the most people.

Advertisement