Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford v Kilkenny Leinster hurling semi-final

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Very poor by the Kilkenny players on the line. Should have been blocked.

The goal livens it up though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

That save from Jacob could prove crucial now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Game on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nah they havent a hope, Kilkenny in 2nd gear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

That goal was crucial, should give them hope for the 2nd half. KK forwards look much sharper tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

thought all my exclamation marks would illustrate the sarcasm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Interesting first half but you get the impression the Wexford players don't really think they can win this one. Jacob is flying in the corner, really roasting Tyrell but he hasn't seen enough of the ball. I would expect KK to win the second half by at least 7 points.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

thought all my exclamation marks would illustrate the sarcasm.

oh... is that what they do......;)

I agree, should make it more interesting though. Kilkenny just have much more skilful players too. Hogan, Power, Rice are on form.

But what's up with Jackie Tyrell?? Looks waaay off the pace, Rory Jacob is taking him to pieces.

Sinnott started well but didn't get much ball after Delaney tightened up at full-back. Still looks like a good player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Rory Jacob is working his arse off. Wexford made a bit of a comeback there so hopefully they can get another good swing of momentum in the 2nd half before the inevitable Kilkenny second.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    oh... is that what they do......;)

dont know really, never was good at english in school. said i would throw them in there for the laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Wexford should have 3 goals up by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

STIG83 wrote: »
    Wexford should have 3 goals up by now.

is that sarcasm too ;)

I'd like to see KK knock a few more over now before Wexford get notions of a catch up.
    Nice scoring from Rice.

I like this ref. Seems to letting the game flow but if people are overstepping, he's blowing them up. There have been a couple of blatant over-carries which some refs might miss but he's got it right. It's one part of the game which I think needs to be managed better, the rule is there for a reason.

Top class from Rice, really really brilliant.

is that sarcasm too ;)

of course not.... no exclamation marks..... please keep up;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Are the jerseys pissing anyone else off? They look extremely similar when the camera + players are on the move.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Chance here if we can get a goal and stop them from getting one.
    Easier said than done!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

jive wrote: »
    Are the jerseys pissing anyone else off? They look extremely similar when the camera + players are on the move.

Not the jerseys, it's the sun.

very annoying indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

is that sarcasm too ;)

I'd like to see KK knock a few more over now before Wexford get notions of a catch up.
    Nice scoring from Rice.
    No sarcasm, im shouting for Wexford in this one.

• Advertisement

i'd agree with that. With the sun beating down i'm finding it very hard to figure out who the jersey belongs to.

Wexford need to stop gifting easy scores to Kilkenny. There FF line has the beating of Kilkennys FB line if they keep getting a supply of ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

wixfjord wrote: »
    Not the jerseys, it's the sun.

Bit of both really. When they end up in the shade its actually worse but I assume that's due to the camera still being exposed to bright light.

I literally can't tell who is who when the ball is travelling and the camera is following it. It's just a yellow blur. Some joke

the jersey thing is annoyoing, I've been caught a few times.
    Lets not complain about the sun lads :D

well spotted ref, picked up from the ground.
    Henry way off with that shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Game over you feel now for Wexford...

Lovely score from Fennelly. Massive player for Kilkenny.

Michael Fennelly is some sort of monster hurler. He was superb last year, I think he'd have been Player of the Year if Kilkenny had won the All-Ireland.

Wins everything in the air, so strong, so fast, quite skilful and gets his scores. An absolute beast. Wish Limerick had someone like him.

Another superb score, Shefflin-Power-Rice. Very intelligent play and that's why they're the best.

You've got to admire them.

And Hogan's missed 3 chances now, that would have been a superb goal but I think he needs to make the pass. Fennelly and Rice in particular are really dominating.

ooh, Hogan is hungry for goals...unlucky with that one.

• Advertisement

that would have been a quality goal. Hogan has been very impressive tonight.

Advertisement