Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford v Kilkenny Leinster hurling semi-final

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭looseygoosey

galway are 3rd best in country

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I haven't seen anything from Galway to put them into the top 3 teams in the country.

In theory? yes, on the basis of the talent avaialble? absolutly.

But on performances on the field of play? No.

This year they got ripped apart by Tipp in the league, failed to beat a second string Waterford to secure a league final place and struggled badly against a Westmeath team that didn't win a game in division 2.

The game against Dublin will tell us more but until they beat a top tier team (Kilkenny, Tipp, Waterford) they can't be considered in the top 3. It's pretty disgraceful that they haven't been in an All Ireland semi since 2005.

The way I see it now is something like this:

1.Tipp
    2. KK
    3. Waterford
    4. Galway
    5. Dublin
    6. Cork
    7. Limerick
    8. Clare
    9. Offaly
    10. Wexford
    11. Antrim
    12. Laois
    etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭detective

adrian522 wrote: »
    The way I see it now is something like this:

1.Tipp
    2. KK
    3. Waterford
    4. Galway
    5. Dublin
    6. Cork
    7. Limerick
    8. Clare
    9. Offaly
    10. Wexford
    11. Antrim
    12. Laois
    etc.

Your seventh ranked team (Limerick) play either your tenth ranked team (Wexford) or the losers of your fourth (Galway) and fifth (Dublin) ranked team. Something tells me the above table will change but for the moment I agree with your table.

Advertisement