Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

14 month old and a newborn - trying not to hurt c-section stitches while playing.

• 08-06-2011 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭

Hi, I had a c-section last Wednesday for our daughter like I did with her big brother who is just over 14 months old. I was very sick for the pregnancy so he got less mummy time than I would like though he was lucklly in the creche towards the end. I feel a lot better with our daughter out but am finding it hard the fact that I can not lift him until my stiches heal, can also see it in his eyes how he misses his play time with mummy. I would be greatful for any advice. I should state that my husband has been amazing but even balancing two wonderful young children who are at differest stages has been hard (well, she has been easy so far apart from being so small like her big brother was at first). Sorry, am still a bit muddled still.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭_ariadne

while you cant lift him you can still get some 'mummy time' in with lots of cuddles in bed/on sofa. Also things like reading, songs, toys etc can be done in bed and should be comfortable for you. when he is feeling particularly active then hand him over to dad.

and take care of yourself, getting used to two will take some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Cathy i'm probably stating the obvious but when i get exhausted from Elisha, I put loads of her toys in a bucket and she does have a ball pulling them all apart. Also playing peekaboo with her makes her giggle for ages. She's not a sitting down baby so can't do anything like that but will sit in her high chair and watch high5 its on rte2 at half 8 i record that and we have a big clapping session when it comes on. She loves that show its great as they spend the whole half hour just singing and its quite educational.

Congrats on ur new baby, hopefully you'll be back to normal soon and will be able to have loads of rough and tumble games with shane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

We had a long hug in bed this morning, at first he pulled away but he accepted the hugs with time - I have always been the one who hugged him more than active play, I am just still recovering from the c-section and it is a huge deal getting our son used to his baby sister as we only moved him into hist own room recently as well so he has had a lot of changes. I know that with time he will not remember all of this but it is still hard seeing him unhappy at first.

Advertisement