Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Temporary Planning Permission

• 08-06-2011 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am doing a new ventue (adrenaline sport) in a large field and i am wondering what the best way to do the planing doc's. I have been in talks with planning autority and the just tellme to look online, not very helpful. I will need a car park, maybe 10 spaces which i intend to just have a sectioned area of in a field and i will also have 3 temp garden sheds in the field also. Can someone please give me a bit of advice and do i need to get an architect for drawings etc. What drawings do i need to get. I know a land surveyor but he doesnt know anything about the planning drawings needed??

Help Please

Spades

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

You need some professional help, a good locat Architectural Technician or Architect who will help you with the design needs, documentation involved and likely fees and charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭spadesaspade

thanks uncle tom, hopefully wont be to expensive as have not put this into my budget for my first venture:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭mk1esc

im not sure do you require planning at all for something like this.....ive been in the trade 12 years and never came across anything like that....one thing i would be fearfull of is the insurance you will need for this to happen as this is what kills most projects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭rayjdav

mk1esc,
    Regardless of whether you require permission for the actual use of the land, given the nature of the activities, technically you will require permission for the car-park, storage units, toilets and assoc. treatment, together with vehicular entrance. Even if there is an agri entrance on the site, permission would be required for new use to entrance as it's agri use would be seen as superseded, given the fact that commercial customers would now be using it, imho.
    As PUT said above, seek out a good local AT and he can get the local do's and dont's.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Hi all,

I am doing a new ventue (adrenaline sport) in a large field and i am wondering what the best way to do the planing doc's. I have been in talks with planning autority and the just tellme to look online, not very helpful. I will need a car park, maybe 10 spaces which i intend to just have a sectioned area of in a field and i will also have 3 temp garden sheds in the field also. Can someone please give me a bit of advice and do i need to get an architect for drawings etc. What drawings do i need to get. I know a land surveyor but he doesnt know anything about the planning drawings needed??

Help Please

Spades
    get the ball rolling by asking the land surveyor to survey the field, boundaries & entrance + up and down the road about 100m. also ask him to assess what the natural drainage is like and if there is any water courses nearby, and check esb/telecom/gas lines + surface, foul & water services. then you need an arch from there to layout site plan and other drawings/ application submission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭spadesaspade

thanks, will get the surveyor to do that asap

Advertisement