Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goldfish VOIP Numbers "not in service" from local landlines.

Options
  • 08-06-2011 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

I have recently bought a package of 5 VOIP numbers from Goldfish.
    I am unable to receive calls from local Eircom landlines; anybody trying to call me gets message "number dialled not in service"
    Have tried with and without the area code "025"

Goldfish have told me this is Eircom's problem.
    Plainly it is not as, if the VOIP Numbers provided can not be dialled from local landlines, then Goldfish are selling a service which simply doesn't work!

I'm just wondering:
    Has anybody else had this problem?
    If so did they get it resolved and in what time-frame?

Any info appreciated
    Thanks,
    Chris
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Are you able to ring the Goldfish numbers from a mobile phone to see are they active?

Even if it is an issue with Eircom, it is still Goldfish's responsibility to get in touch with Eircom to ensure that the numbers are working.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bonnamh

Hi Pizzahead77,

Yes I can call VOIP Numbers from mobiles, from Eircom, BT & Vodafone outside area.
    Also I can call from local area BT & Perlico Lines.
    The only failure is when calling VOIP from local Eircom landlines, ie 025 xxxxx on Eircom trying to call my VOIP gets message "number not in service".
    It does look like Eircom are the cause of the problem but, as yuou say, it is still Goldfish's responsibiity to provide service, and their fight with Eircom.
    I have phoned Eircom to be told I have no problme with my line so not their issue.

I an just wondering if this is the case in 01 or 021 or any of the bigger area codes.
    It really makes the service unusable as it is.

bonnamh : )

Interestingly, I see blueface seem to take responsibility for their customers actually being able to receive calls! ;):
    http://forums.blueface.ie/showthread.php?t=860

I'll try one last time with goldfish but not optimistic ;(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

bonnamh wrote: »
    Hi Pizzahead77,

Yes I can call VOIP Numbers from mobiles, from Eircom, BT & Vodafone outside area.
    Also I can call from local area BT & Perlico Lines.
    The only failure is when calling VOIP from local Eircom landlines, ie 025 xxxxx on Eircom trying to call my VOIP gets message "number not in service".
    It does look like Eircom are the cause of the problem but, as yuou say, it is still Goldfish's responsibiity to provide service, and their fight with Eircom.
    I have phoned Eircom to be told I have no problme with my line so not their issue.

I an just wondering if this is the case in 01 or 021 or any of the bigger area codes.
    It really makes the service unusable as it is.

Hi,

Yes, This used to happen me but the phone hung up on me.. I phoned a formoy 025 number (one of goldfish.ie parking numbers) and I got connected "this telephone number is not allocated to any of our......" from an eircom landline!

If you are paying for a service you are not getting and have not yet got a refund, you should refer to your rights and seek advice and possibly complain:
    http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Ho...landline_.html
    http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Ge...bout-a-trader/
    http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/voic...col.265.LE.asp
    http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/complaints.316.LE.asp

This may be an issue with goldfish as they were only setup last summer and might have a problem with their phone switch. If you are receiving very bad support and responces from goldfish/soho66 you are free to move elsewhere to another provider.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Hope this helps!
    bonnamh wrote: »
    Interestingly, I see blueface seem to take responsibility for their customers actually being able to receive calls! ;):
    http://forums.blueface.ie/showthread.php?t=860

I'll try one last time with goldfish but not optimistic ;(

Yes, we use blueface and I have to say their a breeze!

Disclaimer: I have no relation to any of these providers, other then being a customer.

Also, have you tried phoning from 0035325***** instead of 025*****?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info and links Mr. Grumpy.

Since last post, I tried Eircom again and had better luck in who answered the phone.
    They fixed the "software problem" in their exchange and now local Eircom landlines can call me.
    However, in terms of using this service in any serious way for business, I am left with 2 assumptions:

1 - There are presumably other exchanges around the country from which I cannot receive calls
    2 - While Goldfish support are very responsive on the simple stuff, they are quick to ignore and then wash their hands of more serious issues.

I will suck it and see ...

Regards,

PS I did not try +35325... so can't answer that one

I'm glad to hear the issue has been fixed bonnamh :).

Eircom may have just had an error in the local exchange which didn't allow the local callers to call you.

I would say that there isn't an issue anywhere else as long as your local exchange is working correctly and there isn't a software issue there.

HTH

Just wanted to follow up to say that after teething problems outlined above, over 12 months on we are delighted with service, all working well, great value, great features in terms of managing voicemails/out-of-office etc etc.
    c :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

That's fairly sound of you to come back and give an update. Just looking into Goldfish at the moment, so it's helpful to read that it's worked out for you.

Advertisement