Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present for siblings of new baby?

Options
  • 08-06-2011 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

My fiancé's sister just had a new baby and I want to get a little something for her other two daughters (8 & 5.5) to stop them feeling left out. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

That is such a lovely lovely idea. My daughter is around the same age and my baby is due soon so i would be very touched to know someone thought of her.

What i would suggest is, if possible yourself and your fiance taking the girls for a few hours as a treat (for mum and daughters lol). You could bring them somewhere like a park, or cinema or mcdonalds etc or ask them where would they like to go. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

My daughter brought a transformer out for her big brother when she was born so he'd like her :D

Still best friends so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mary28

I usually get an age appropriate puzzle, dvd, book etc. Amazon is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Shellygoose

My brother brought me Rollar skates when he was born...was delighted with myself - until I fell over wearing them and broke my arm haha!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Something that they can play with by themselves like a game or book would be good. The parents won't thank you for anything that makes noise or requires parental supervision.

I'm expecting my third and my two are getting a dolls bed and a pair of baby dolls for them to practice on but they are still quite young

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I've probably forgotten what half my friends and family gave Rory when she was born but I still remember all those who remembered her older brother so he wouldn't feel left out. Rory brought him a big box of Lego (Mammy was very glad she had it mail ordered! :p).

Anything without batteries that promotes quiet play will be greatly appreciated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 magrat

If you have the chance and the time to do so how about bringing them to 'build a bear' and letting them create their own new little friend?

Or little girls do tend to like dressing up. There are plenty of good dressing up outfits to be got - smyths or tesco have good ranges. Throw in plently of accessories and maybe fill a little box with them? When my girls were that age they loved it - my mum would dig out old clothes and jewelery to add to their 'dressy-up' box.

Its a great idea to do this for them - your sure to become their favourate auntie !!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Bride2012

Thanks everyone for all the great ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chloek

board games they can all play together are always good.
    mam and dad can join in the fun as well.

Advertisement