Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo help....

Options
  • 08-06-2011 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hey y'all,
    I'm looking for a bit of advice here, I'm looking to get a 1/4 sleeve done which will encompass this theme of a family tree that I'm thinking of doing.

The main part of the design will be these scary looking trees with birds flying onto them inspired by the attached still from an Arcade fire website. Obviously there'll be background shading and all that. Oh....and it will all be greyscale....no colour!

So I've 2 q's.....
    1st is that I've herad that if you get things too small or thin they just blur after a while. Would the birds and the thin trees just end up being little black/green blobs after a while??

and 2nd.....who would you guys best reccoment to design this for me (based in Dublin)?? I've been looking through a lot of portfolio's but just dont know where to begin as I've never seen anything like this

Thanks for any of your help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PTO

ah......the embarrassment of an unanswered question!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PTO wrote: »
    ah......the embarrassment of an unanswered question!!

I shall try to lessen your embarrassment somewhat, (while hopefully not embarrassing myself).

TBH, i'm not sure if that particular picture would work well as a tattoo, on your arm atleast(It might work as a back piece, but it would be your entire back). It would look good initially, but over time the lines would begin to bleed(is that the right word to use?) into one another, maybe after 18 months or so.

Best thing to do would be to bring the picture in to an artist and tell him your idea and you both could develop the idea into something you are happy with.

On your 2nd question, I've had some work done up in Wildcat in Stephens Green (Brian) and have no complaints. Himself and Kris (Who i hear does some great linework) have their portfolios up on the website. You can also access the portfolios from the Jervis shop also there.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PTO

Thanks SolvableKnave,
    only seeing this now but thanks for your help!!

Advertisement