Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - worst Customer care ever!!!!

Options
  • 08-06-2011 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

This is amazing, I don't understund how can eircom can still win money, as they don't want any new customer....:mad:

I just moved in a new flat as a tenant, and I want to subscibe to a new eircom broadband access. I called them 6 times:eek:, and everytime the agent give me a different "solution."..grrrr
    The problem is that the old line is still active and my landlord had moved to a foreign country, so he cannot cancel this old line. ( I think this was done with vodafone).

Does somebody know how can I cancel this old line and how can I get the new access.

Why eircom? because I am living in ashtown and they are the only provider in this area!!!

Thank you for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

braqueur wrote: »
    Hi,

This is amazing, I don't understund how can eircom can still win money, as they don't want any new customer....:mad:

I just moved in a new flat as a tenant, and I want to subscibe to a new eircom broadband access. I called them 6 times:eek:, and everytime the agent give me a different "solution."..grrrr
    The problem is that the old line is still active and my landlord had moved to a foreign country, so he cannot cancel this old line. ( I think this was done with vodafone).

Does somebody know how can I cancel this old line and how can I get the new access.

Why eircom? because I am living in ashtown and they are the only provider in this area!!!

Thank you for your help

Hi braqueur,

Can you please Pm me with:

- Your name - The address you are moving into - Your landlords name /

As well as your mobile contact number and I will check that out for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

braqueur wrote: »
    Hi,

Thank you for your help

I had this exact problem, moved into a new house and tried to setup phone and broadband. The phone line was with another provider and the previous owner had left the country and left an outstanding bill so they wouldnt release the line back to eircom, so I couldnt get the line in my name never mind broadband, what a joke of a system. I tried with no success for 2 weeks to try and sort it. Com Reg should have power to intervene here, but like all things govt its useless!

My solution was to ring Eircom and tell them I wanted a second line put in the house with absolutely no mention of the original, so they put a second line in and I got broadband on the second line. So after 5 weeks of hassel I finally had broadband.

Dont try and understand the system just find a way to work around it. Logic and common sense will not prevail.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

Advertisement