Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap external hard drive about 25GB?

• 08-06-2011 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend somewhere where I can get an external hard drive to store 25 to 30 GB of music?

Obviously this isn't very big so I'm hoping to get one as cheap as possible. Thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Considering the amount of data you want to store you should be looking for a 32Gb USB stick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Probably more cost effective to get an external hard drive - you'll get a 320Gb drive for around the same price as a 32Gb stick if not cheaper .

e.g. Argos ... 320Gb HD €49.99 link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

What about uploading all these files to say Adrive or something like that?

Would it take ages to upload 30 gb of music?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

depends on your broadband speed but it would probably quite a while

cookie1977 wrote: »
    depends on your broadband speed but it would probably quite a while
    3 meg :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

If you have a DVD burner you could just burn the data to DVD - cheap and relatively quick ..

3 meg :/

Is that download or upload?

I think a cheap external 160gb hard drive or else a 32gb usb thumb drive

nessyguin wrote: »
    If you have a DVD burner you could just burn the data to DVD - cheap and relatively quick ..
    Not a bad idea. I have 10 new ones sitting about. They have 4.7 gb each right?

Might try this.

EDIT: They are DVD + R, if I put them on to this, can I get them back off if anything ever happens to my hard drive?

DVD's hold 4.7 or there abouts depending on the burn. Though file names may alter if they're too long when you burn them to dvd. I still say usb or external hard drive.

DVD + r is just a type of dvd format. The R means they can be written to once (as in you can copy over them) but you can copy off them as often as you like. Remember though to have two forms of back up for critical files. One just isn't enough ;)

cookie1977 wrote: »
    DVD's hold 4.7 or there abouts depending on the burn. Though file names may alter if they're too long when you burn them to dvd. I still say usb or external hard drive.

DVD + r is just a type of dvd format. The R means they can be written to once (as in you can copy over them) but you can copy off them as often as you like. Remember though to have two forms of back up for critical files. One just isn't enough ;)
    This is actually my second. It's my backup of my backup :D
    Music copied from ipod to computer, now from computer to disk. In case of massive multi-failure :p

I value my music. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement