Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Centre.

• 08-06-2011 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

I know this might be an odd topic, what is everyones exam center like. How many people ? Is your supervisor nice ?

I like mine, the schools study hall about 40 of us in it but I'm at the very front so that's good. Nothing to distract me. Supervisor is the guy who was my supervisor when i supervised the center last year. That's an awful lot of supervision. He remembered me and we had a chat, the guy at the other side of the room seems to be a rookie and they started five minutes later than us.

Final question, are you allowed to study in the center ? I don't do Geog but wouldn't mind studying in there for Paper 2. Anybody know ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

The lady is lovely! There's about 15 of us in total, it's just a classroom.

Nope you can't study there but I'm sure your principal will allow you to use a spare room/library or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I'm only there as exam attendant but I don't really like the exam centres. The JC students get the hall while the LC's are in classrooms down the corridor. It can get noisy when people are leaving or when the JC's finish and make a racket.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭conlufc

Theres around 75 in mine...3 supervisors all male..seemed strict enough
    Its a big hall looks like your stereotypical exam hall..haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

My first thought today when our side got to leave 5 minutes earlier was get out of the corridor as soon as possible. From being an attendant last year they people left inside would always complain about the noise as soon as someone left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I'm in my own room. My supervisor is a woman and she's lovely.

There's about 40 in the main hall, I think.

• Advertisement

Cian A wrote: »
    I'm only there as exam attendant but I don't really like the exam centres. The JC students get the hall while the LC's are in classrooms down the corridor. It can get noisy when people are leaving or when the JC's finish and make a racket.

Same in our school but it's because of the range of sujects I think (most JCerts do the same subjects so they can be together!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭martyllia

we're in the hall with junior certs :/ awful annoying nd distracting when they finish 15 mins before us and they move the chairs and chat and bam you go blank with all the lovely ideas you had sceond before they started to move ;/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

There's around 50 of us in the big library in the school, one elderly lady supervisor.
    Can't see this ending too well when looking for graph paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

150 in mine, think theres 3/4 attendants though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭PJelly

There's only about 10/15 in mine. They split up our class of 60 or so into a good few rooms. Our woman seems lovely, but she started about 5 minutes late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

normal classroom.. about 12 people..
    im right down the back, dont realy mind it..
    examiner is an oldish man.. referred to an mp3 player as an m4thing..
    started 5 minutes early cuase he was bored of waiting..
    he was cracking the jokes aswell before hand.. nice guy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Normal class, around 15 people I'd say, quite nice, fairly relaxed (no panic :P ) and peaceful atmosphere. I'm up near the front so there should be no trouble hearing the aural (which will hopefully equate to no trouble understanding it :P ).

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Dr.Evil

I have mr. personality..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

We have been divided into 3 classrooms, there's about 20 in mine. Bit cold though, wished they turned on the radiators. I'm happy about it because the listening in the hall for our mocks was awful, couldn't hear a thing. It'll be much better in the classroom, thank God.

The examiner seems quite nice. Oldish man, strong accent, can't quite place it- I'd say around the Cork/Kerry border :P
    He's quite nice, not strict at all. Waaaay more lenient than you'd think. He was going to let us keep our phones as long as they were off but the vice-principal took them all...though I'd left mine outside anyway.

Or maybe he was just saying that...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

There was 20 in mine, Same examiner as the Junior Cert so he was cool! Only problem was that we were in one of the computer rooms so the stupid server was ridiculously noisy. Dont know why the stupid thing was even on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

There's about 40 of us in our study hall. Supervisor seemed alright, that was until he started 5 minutes late and made us stop writing at 20 past anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Fireball07 wrote: »
    He's quite nice, not strict at all. Waaaay more lenient than you'd think. He was going to let us keep our phones as long as they were off but the vice-principal took them all...though I'd left mine outside anyway.

They took your phones,:confused:
    Woman with us said nothing & actually went outside for a minute when knock on the door.
    Way more relaxed than expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Framble

Around 100 people in our school hall. 3 old lady supervisors... they're probably OK but when I asked to go to the bathroom she was like "do you really think it's a good idea in a higher level exam?"... I told her it was an emergency. I know where she's coming from but jeesh! When ya gotta go ya gotta go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    They took your phones,:confused:
    Woman with us said nothing & actually went outside for a minute when knock on the door.
    Way more relaxed than expected.

Same with our guy...and you know when people go to the bathroom, they're supposed to be accompanied? He didn't bother sending anyone with them.

But yeah apparently they're banned in the hall but I don't think he really cared tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

About 100 in mine - school sports hall
    Centre <not a good idea to name your centre - really - have a think before posting>...
    Galvanize roof so when it rains it sounds like there's a football match on the roof but what can ye do...
    There's about 3 or 4 examiners i there..
    The one down my end seems like a top notch fella. Seems to be over to you as soon as your hand's up :)
    Also i'm sitting in the exact same seat as i was in the JC.. Only this time the fella beside me isn't constantly tapping his foot :rolleyes:

Lastly best of luck to everyone for the rest of the exams!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

There's about 40 of us in our study hall. Supervisor seemed alright, that was until he started 5 minutes late and made us stop writing at 20 past anyway.
    That's not on at all. Ours started 5 minutes late but gave us until 25 past. Don't let that happen again.

Do most schools get the same supervisors every year? I know theres 2 in our school that were here last year (the girls who were attendants last year remembered!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Do most schools get the same supervisors every year? I know theres 2 in our school that were here last year (the girls who were attendants last year remembered!)

Yep. All of ours were the same!! :D

Bout 75 in the hall with two supervisors and two other additional rooms.
    My one is kinda unorganised. . Started 5 mins late just wasn't prepared. Also she wears huge heals....... Which are not good! There should be a rule that they have to were runners or something!

Other than that she is really nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Cydoniac wrote: »
    That's not on at all. Ours started 5 minutes late but gave us until 25 past. Don't let that happen again.

I know, I did pipe up and say it, this was just at 20 past, and he said "we started 3 minutes late and are making up for it now" despite having already told us to drop our pens. I was quite annoyed as I needed the 5 minutes to write the last few lines to my question B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

There's 24 in mine, I'm near the front and there's a window beside me \o/

Our supervisor is lovely although a mistake was made where one girl sitting the exam in a room by herself was brought an ordinary level paper, but she was sitting higher level. The supervisor said she couldn't give her a higher paper even though she hadn't seen the ordinary paper.. A big fuss was made and the examination centre had to be called but eventually she got her paper..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I'm in a gym, which is divided up into three exam centers with an examiner for each of us. It's a bit weird as I'm sitting it as an external candidate and I think this might be the section for people only sitting one or two exams. So I had a supervisor all to myself today. She doesn't seem to be the best, she started five minutes late this morning. She seems like she would have given me the extra five minutes if I needed it but I was grand tbh.
    There were three of us in the entire gym for Home Ec. So weird!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Sparkie93

im in a hall and were divided into two with an examiner each theyre both really strict were not allowed our pencil cases although were allowed to use a see through bag lol were not allowed our bottles on the table either and it has to be water no fizzy drinks:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 MedMan101

about 200 in ours! all the ls's and jc's just thrown into our sports hall. it was annoying when they were all moving round bout 20min before we finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

My supervisor ranges from Devil Lady to kindest person ever >_>
    My exam hall is a class, I'm up the front in the corner which I like. No distractions :)
    Also dont get blinded by sun cause I'm away from any windows :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

were in the study area with about 60 people in it..and my supervisor is a night mare!! he bangs around the place and this guy on the table beside me has an open highlighter and the supervisor went over to his desk and put the lid on it!! and i was like..wwtf!?!? and theres like these plasitc things he kept bangiin aswell...he is so bad..
    he also said that we can eat chewing gum during the exam..and its against the school rules to eat it..
    god hes so annoyin!! :(

Advertisement