Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Centre.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

We're in a huge gym for ours, while others are in a classroom. One supervisor. A CD player up front. i find it extremely unfair that we're in a massive gym, echo-ey as hell! We had our graduation ther and the microphone echoed badly even.
    Surely we'll have to be moved like??

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

There's about 12 of us in a bright, airy classroom which is nice. We're in a pretty secluded part of the school, you have to get up steps to get to it. They are two other exam centres beside us, but we're all LC. Supervisor is nice, nothing out of the ordinary, though she did try tell a girl that she couldn't drop to Ordinary on the day. She doesn't look too impressed when people say they want to drop tbh :P I'm beside a window, which I like. I don't like being in the middle of rooms, I'm a creep like that. Clock is slow though, so we could either think we have extra time, or get out late. She let us go until the clock said half past for Home Ec, though her watch said twenty to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Sparkie93 wrote: »
    ...we're not allowed our pencil cases..... we're not allowed our bottles on the table either and it has to be water no fizzy drinks:rolleyes:

Making up their own rules?! Afaik the SEC allows pencil cases, food and drink unless it is at the discretion of the supervisors.

biggaman wrote: »
    Surely we'll have to be moved like??

We were in a double class room for the Junior Cert and we were moved to a lab for the Irish aural, for the French we were all just moved to the front!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I was staring out my window earlier when in the exam and Catherine Earnshaw was outside trying to get in.. fair freaky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭PurpleVintage

We're allowed food?! Really? So I can bring some cookie bags with me? I'm actually serious lol, my teacher had told me to do that, but he wasn't sure if it was allowed. The extra sugar would sure as hell pump me up when I need some extra energy, and hopefully stop those embarrassing and extremely-loud-while-sitting-in-perfect-silence noises that my tummy likes to make sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

We're allowed food?! Really? So I can bring some cookie bags with me? I'm actually serious lol, my teacher had told me to do that, but he wasn't sure if it was allowed. The extra sugar would sure as hell pump me up when I need some extra energy, and hopefully stop those embarrassing and extremely-loud-while-sitting-in-perfect-silence noises that my tummy likes to make sometimes.

I brought some food in little tubs to eat half way through and your wan saw them. Said nothing! :D Unfortunately they fell on the floor (still in the tubs!) but I couldn't reach them! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Lexii307

Our school has a new extension so all the LCs are in it while the JCs are in the main building. There 6 rooms for the LCs altogether. Theres about 22 of us from what i can remember :D. Our supervisor is lovely. Hes an old enough man but hes very nice and a bit chaty plus he let us start home ec 5 minutes early we were ready so quick. Im the middle of the room, so im very happy where i am. I didnt even notice who was in my room i was so busy writing. Im startin to like this LC buisness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FTS

About 180 - 200 in mine. All the Leaving Certs in the sports hall. Except theres a glass roof, so its boiling when its sunny, and SO noisy when its raining. 5 supers, 4 old men and a woman. Except when I was looking up, pondering about what to write next, the super just kept staring at me, I was like "Uh Oh."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Great when you get something nice to look at for the 2 weeks, superviser that is.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Were in the study hall, where lunch and stuff is, id say about 70 in it. One fella in front of me yesterday had a box of tic tacs, wrecked my head for the whole exam :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Aren't the superintendents supposed to be from far away? Last year my superintendent (one of the 4 in the hall) was my friend's dad, who teached at a school about a 10 minute walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Donerkebab

Aren't the superintendents supposed to be from far away? Last year my superintendent (one of the 4 in the hall) was my friend's dad, who teached at a school about a 10 minute walk away.

The further away they are the more mileage they have to get paid so its cutting down on expenses.

Advertisement