Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 1 - How much did everyone write?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 BronaghMcA

a) 1 1/2 pages
    b) 2 pages
    essay) 4 1/2 pages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

mtb_kng wrote: »
    I think you're the only one. Most people think it was the easiest paper yet. I'd say I will be lucky to get a C though.

Most of my year thought it was fairly awkward. I only read one comprehension (the tight-rope walker) and it wasn't that bad but the section B's weren't great. For anyone who has a more formal/analytical style of writing thay didn't suit too much. I don't know too much about mystery films either. The essay titles were "interesting" to put it mildly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 BronaghMcA

jj123 wrote: »
    Did anybody else think that was a **** paper. I thought it was the worst they've ever written..essay titles were awful! I fell in the waffle trap anyway!

liked the texts but hated the essay titles! thankfully q7 was nice and vague!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

About 1.25 each for the first two parts of QA, 1.5 for the second, 2 for QB and 6, or maybe 7 for the essay. It is quality over quantity though, and writing size can have a huge bearing on it, especially on the longer answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Comprehension - 3ish pages Could have gone onto the fourth page, can't quite remember.
    Question B - Almost two pages. Very big writing :(
    Personal Essay - 5.5 pages of normal writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

Question A - Text 2

(i) 1 page
    (ii) 1 page
    (iii) 1 page

Question B - Text 1

2 3/4 pages

Essay (#2)

5 pages

-

10 3/4 pages total. I average about 7-8 words per line.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Yeah Buddy

12 words a line

A: (i) Just short of a page
    (ii) Same as above
    (iii) Page and a half

B: Two pages

Essay: Dead on 5 pages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I was about the same.
    A.1. 1 Page
    (ii) Little over 1 page
    (iii) little over 1 page

B:2 3/4 pages

Essay:5 and a half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kilo1

Question A (i) - 1 page
    (ii) - 1 page
    (iii) - 1 and 3/4 page

Question B - 2.5 pages

Essay - 5.5 pages.

Handy enough stuff on paper one anyway it wasn't as bad as expected, lets hope tomorrow is as good :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I'm not even going to say because it's completely irrelevant to how it will be marked. No point comparing sizes, boys ;)
    This!!!

Plus, given that everybody's writing is different, comparing is pointless anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement