Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The days of Cheap imported beef are over?

• 08-06-2011 1:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭

Interesting article over on Agrimoney.com, the jist of which is that rising costs and a strong local currency will keep beef prices out of Brasil high and that there is no obvious replacement for them as a high volume supplier of cheap beef to world markets.

Interesting times to come it seems.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Here's hoping!!

But how many times have we heard that before and then something comes along and causes a major crash - Foot & Mouth, BSE, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

That's the thing about developing economies.

they develop.

I dont see brazil as being as serious a threat in the future, the question to me is who'll be next?

Realistically Africa is the only remaining truly low cost region left, but political instability seems to continue to rule out the more fertile parts of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

JohnBoy wrote: »
    That's the thing about developing economies.

they develop.

I dont see brazil as being as serious a threat in the future, the question to me is who'll be next?

Realistically Africa is the only remaining truly low cost region left, but political instability seems to continue to rule out the more fertile parts of it.

Shure, we are now a developing economy ourselves :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

Mighty stuff altogether I can tell the wife to pack up the job so as I will be loaded !!!

To John boy our economy is neither developed or developing its just F'ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

we were a developing economy, then we were developed for a while, now we're just broken :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement