Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT - MSc in Energy Management

Options
  • 08-06-2011 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any experiences of doing the postgrad course in DIT on Masters Degree(MSc) in Energy Management, Full-Time?

What the lecturers/lectures - course content are like? General opinions?
    The job prospects?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dj22

i would also be interested in hearing from past pupils

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭noelo

Me to, thinking of doing next september ( DT711 ), would also like to hear peoples view on distance learning Masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Compute

@noelo, just to clarify, the MSc in Energy Management is not distance learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I started the Msc part time this year. I've been oh the industry for 6 years. I'll post a decent reply when I get a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Energy Bull

Completed the MSc in Energy Management with the DIT last year 2010 full time.
    The course is intense with the amount of assignments and exams to complete in one year, be under no illusion you will work so start early.

The big disappointment and I would not be alone in saying this was the modules in financial decision making which was a disgrace due to the very bad lecture. Many criticisms were made by my class and by other years from what I heard.
    The module in Building Energy Design was also a disappointment but this is in the 2nd semester and is not monitory unlike financial decision making.

Good Luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Nothing has changed this year then . The fdm module needs a complete make over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Energy Bull

Completed the MSc in Energy Management with the DIT last year 2010 full time.
    The course is intense with the amount of assignments and exams to complete in one year, be under no illusion you will work so start early.

The big disappointment and I would not be alone in saying this was the modules in financial decision making which was a disgrace due to the very bad lecture. Many criticisms were made by my class and by other years from what I heard.
    The module in Building Energy Design was also a disappointment but this is in the 2nd semester and is not monitory unlike financial decision making.

Good Luck

I the interest of fairness, I should have given a full assessment of my experience on the MSC course.
    There are 12 modules on the MSc Energy Management course and I have picked out two modules in my first post which I found problems with. As for the other 10 modules I studded on the MSc course I can honestly say I found them all interesting and informative. The lectures on these modules were well informed with current statistics and information. Each were enthusiastic about their topic and explained the subject very well. The assignments were all given out allowing for students to comment on return dates which helped. If students required lectures on a particular subject this was taken into account.
    I myself am now working abroad still using my primary degree in my job. But having said that the MSC course has benefited me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

DT704 Sustainable Electrical Energy Systems
    Just wondering has anyone completed or studying this programme at the moment. Looks very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Papa P

I have just enrolled in the course full time starting this September.

Obviously the optional modules do not have chosen until after Christmas in the second semester but I was wondering if you could provide some more info on why the financial decision making module was so bad and whether you took the second module as an option after the first?
    Was it the lecturer or the content or both?
    Also I am wondering the same about the Sustainable Building Research Module.

Seems very interesting course but based on info ive read so far I dont want to pick the dud modules, any other optional modules you would recommend?
    Any info is much appreciated.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 lstevo

Was thinking of doing this course. Got a feeling its got lots of opportunities. Is it worth doing? Any advice much appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement