Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Like to see PERVE? I'm looking for reviewers for the play.

• 08-06-2011 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Heya

PERVE is a play currently showing at the Peacock Theatre in Dublin. It runs until Saturday 25 June and tickets cost between €13 and €25.

Watch a preview video here.
    PERVE%252520at%252520the%252520Peacock.jpg

Gethin is 23, just finished a film course and reckons he’s the next Scorsese. His Mum is on at him to do her friend’s wedding video – and before they get divorced. But Gethin is interested in a much more daring project – one that will test his friendships, piss off his sister, question his idealism and turn his life and that of his family upside down.

Perve_poster.jpg

I've seen it - here's my own review for LeCool:
    "I'm going to Perve at the Peacock," I said, drawing sharp looks from those around me. Whatever they thought I was up to, it wasn't nearly as interesting as the play I saw last night.

On the surface it's a simple story about a guy who uses the internet to spread rumours, only to have things get out of hand. Underneath it is, as advertised, an irreverent and unsettling play that entertained and disturbed me.

It's as if the playwright took my own biggest fears about the web and laid them out on stage in a clever, riveting and polarizing play - one I think will be more intimidating for a male than female audience.

The sharp script is very accessible, the cast are very identifiable and very good and the set is a masterpiece. While Perve is funny, it's uneasy laughter throughout, and every guy will think to check their internet history afterwards.

Now I'm turning it over to you. Thanks to the Abbey, we have 5 pairs of tickets to give away to a showing of Perve and I'd like one of those pairs to go to you.

In return you agree to stick up a review of the play - whether you like it or not. I'm not looking for theatre reviewers or anything - just people who will give their honest opinion of the play in a critical and fair way.

If you'd like to be considered just post below. You must have at least 50 posts on Boards.ie to be eligible.

Cheers

Darragh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

Hi Darragh! I should completely do it! I review millions of things! ie links on my blog (that's right I'm a shill now).

Anyway me me pick me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Count me in! Delighted to do it, and haven't been to the theatre in a while!

LD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

I'd like to be considered. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

The posters for 'Perve' had caught my eye walking past the Abbey, I've been interested in seeing it. So please consider me ^^.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Pick me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭sinjim

:( 50 post's?? im only new, check me out on adverts tho, loads there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ChickenScratch

I haven't been around in a while but I would LOVE to. University drama student, been eyeing up this play for WEEKS just don't have the cash! If it helps, I review theatre for UCD's College Tribune on occasion too. Pick me! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭jorg

I'd be up for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Any reviews yet? Word of mouth says it's a terrible piece of work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement