Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trying to cram hamlet

• 08-06-2011 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

has not been focusing on hamlet at all and need tips for cramming
    what to focus on ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

It might be worth watching a Hamlet film (providing it follows the play script) if you want to get a good scope of it in a short time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

AdamD wrote: »

Hey nonny nonny.

Some versions of a good Hamlet play are up on Youtube! All of it. Just watch them, get a feel for the characters, jot down some quotes you might remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

I found watching the bbc production of Hamlet very helpful. It can be found on youtube. It doesnt follow the book exactly but most of it is there! Its useful for learning quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

I've got the film of it saved on my comp.
    We also went to see it live in the helix..
    You could watch it free on stagevu.com i think..
    I'd advise it if you don't know the story or quotes well... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Dougal.Maguire

The royal Shakespeare company did a modernised version of hamlet with the proper dialogue too , it's on YouTube and has David tenant in it . It definitely helped me understand the play better than just reading the script

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Electra19

There are short summary notes on Hamlet here http://www.skoool.ie/skoool/examcentre_sc.asp?id=354 Hope they are of some help -best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Last minute cramming should be done in this order:

1. The most basic thing is to know the plot - get a summary.

2. Then look at Hamlet character notes and do out a mindmap or diagram of his character, with moments from the play to back up each point and a few quotes e.g. attitude towards women - scene with Gertrude - frailty thy name is woman.

3. Then look at the theme of Revenge and do out a mindmap for this too.

4. Do out essay plans for these - intro, 4 paragraphs and a conclusion.

5. Look over past questions on Shakepeare and practice how you would approach them.

Don't waste time learning off reams of quotes or focusing on minor characters.

Advertisement