Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary level english: How was the paper ?

• 08-06-2011 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭

What did everyone think of it?

I thought it was quite easy, I would have kept honours the beginning off last year except I got too worried about the learning off of poems and quotes.

I thought the questions were relatively easy apart from the essays only one short story came up .

I did text 3 and question B the talk.

Did anyone else find this question in the text confusing on the question A's

"Describe an image (photo drawing etc. )that could be used to illustrate this extract , which would capture the atmosphere you described above."

I got confused on that question and ended up writing down space shuttle that it represents the future or something.

an then the essays I did the short story "in the future life would be different" I only got 2 pages done found it a hard essay , I'm only able to do the short stories .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 frenchy1992

Hey :)

I didnt think it was too bad either !
    I did the question A on text 2 and question B on text 1. That question you're talking about was asked for all the texts, but I found it easy as it really suited my text !

Anyways, question B went alright. The only thing that went wrong for me was the timing, if only I had 10 or 15 extra minutes my essay, would have been perfect but I had to wrap it up at the end so... :(
    but overall, I didnt do too bad ! I'd say 140-150 / 200 !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Was easy enough, do any of ye have any predictions for whats coming up tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭szybki

paper 1 was ok .... generaly I was short on time and I've done essay within 25min .... I didn't even had time to read it .... but the themes in texts were quite easy .... i've done qA on text1 and qb about .... 5 things you would take wit you ..... i think it was text 3 ....

Does anyone have any predictions and tips for tomorow's english paper ? Is there any chance thet WB Yates will come up ? What other poets are you predicting ? What will come up in section 2 this year ? social setting ? theme ? or hero ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭PurpleVintage

It was fine, although that part you're talking about, that came up in all the texts also aggravated me. Wth were we supposed to do? I just gave a description.

I messed up though... I answered a part on each text. At the end I decided to read the instructions, since the marks didnt sound right (max 100 marks, yet each part A or B was worth 50, and there was 3), and figured my suspicions were right. I put one single line across 2 pages (cancelling out one of the texts), since I thought they'd deduct me marks otherwise... but then I was told that that might not be the case (thanks a lot English teacher, for telling me otherwise). Think they'll still correct it? It was actually, probably, maybe even better than the one I didnt cross out :( it's still readable!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

Made a complete mess of the essay, started the one on something you've achieved then after a page crossed it out and did a ridicolus essay on the one about the future instead:(!! Any1 any tips on what poets to go over? banking on relationships in the comparative aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Dan1001

Anyone know if I can use love as a theme for my comparative in paper 2? I'm going to be comparing My Sisters Keeper and The Plough and the Stars. I'm really hoping relationships come up though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I really hate paper 2 I'm better at paper 1. I reckon social settings and relationships will come up . I wish I hadn't lost my poetry book I don't think that section is worth as much I'll treat it as an unseen if it's one I've forgotten. I hope the unseen poem won't be too complicated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

ordinary level for poetry just look over all the poems that are in common with higher....and the notes are on skoool.ie.......

Advertisement