Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

New colour from Essence :)
    With Essence high shine topcoat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Zxc01 wrote: »
    love the BarryM polishes especially the mint green. WAs thinking about it today but 17 cosmetics had a deal on in Boots buy any two cosmetics and get a nail bar gift bag free. So I bought two nail polishes.

Orange Soda and Sherbet Lemon
    17-Candy-Collection-Nail-Polish-8ml_1041875
    i cant see the picture :(

New colour from Essence :)
    With Essence high shine topcoat
    thats actually darker than i expected but its still really nice :D

musical.x wrote: »
    thats actually darker than i expected but its still really nice :D

It's about a shade more than the top of the bottle, thats with 2 coats :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Got this in Dunnes today, yes more nail polish :D:o It was the last bottle so I had to get it :pac:

Essence - Let's Get Lost
    essence-lets-get-lost1-c.jpg

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula® Deep Moisture Dry and Sensitive Body Lotion 250ml - Dunnes Stores €1.20 I think it's normally around €7.

31s9sacyIFL._SL500_.jpg

• Advertisement

Got this in Dunnes today, yes more nail polish :D:o It was the last bottle so I had to get it :pac:

Essence - Let's Get Lost
    essence-lets-get-lost1-c.jpg

thats such a summery blue :) kind of makes me want to go swimming :p

OPI That's Berry Daring.

Without Flash
    OPIThatsberrydaringwithoutflash.jpg

With Flash
    OPIThatsberrydaringwithflash.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Sorry for the crap quality (again!!!)

Wearing Rimmel Blue Vogue today. I love this colour, it nearly looks matte navy in dimmer light but then in bright light there's a lovely shimmery blue off it.

41266.jpg

BTW I have a list as long as my arm of nail varnishes I want to buy thanks to this thread! I'm going to be broke!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

I love the nail varnish thread!

These are mine today. It's Catrice - Bloody Mary to Go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Photo256.jpg

This is Ruby Me, by Rimmel.

I love these Lycra Pro nail varnishes - best brush ever, one stroke and the nail is done! I've had this for aaaages now so it's gone a bit gloopy. Time to invest in more!

Oh, and my cuticles are are a mess! :( Any recommendations on what to use to sort that? It's really bugging me.

• Advertisement

Novella wrote: »

I love these Lycra Pro nail varnishes - best brush ever, one stroke and the nail is done! I've had this for aaaages now so it's gone a bit gloopy. Time to invest in more!

I love those nail varnishes too! The brushes are great...but I'm crap at painting my nails so it doesn't make a difference, I still have to go around them with a nail varnish remover-soaked cotton bud afterwards :o

Is that a red colour? It looks kind of coral-y in the pic

I love those nail varnishes too! The brushes are great...but I'm crap at painting my nails so it doesn't make a difference, I still have to go around them with a nail varnish remover-soaked cotton bud afterwards :o

Is that a red colour? It looks kind of coral-y in the pic

I think I must have quite wide nails or something 'cause with that brush, I never get any on my fingers! Just wish all brushes were like it.

It's really red. I have a coral Lycra Pro one too, it's called Coral Romance. I've worn both of them about a billion times! They are actually quite similar now that I think about it!

I think I must have quite wide nails or something 'cause with that brush, I never get any on my fingers! Just wish all brushes were like it.

It's really red. I have a coral Lycra Pro one too, it's called Coral Romance. I've worn both of them about a billion times! They are actually quite similar now that I think about it!

I've wide enough nails too but I still always manage to mess it up :o Maybelline have those brushes too and their nail varnishes are really good IME.

I have that coral one too, love it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

BARRY M Dusky Mauve.

Purply kinda two toned with shimmer, just two coats no top coat.
    Ignore the slapdash job!!

img0181ao.jpg

img0192du.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Photo256.jpg

Oh, and my cuticles are are a mess! :( Any recommendations on what to use to sort that? It's really bugging me.

I love that colour and your nails are so pretty :D

I've used this in the past..OPI Avoplex Nail & Cuticle Replenishing Oil. I used it twice a day in the morning and night, it moisturizes the nails, cuticles and skin around the nail. I was given it as a gift but I've seen it on Amazon for cheap and was thinking of getting some more I do recommend it.

opi-avoplex-nail-cuticle-replenishing-oil.jpg

Catrice - Princess for a day :)
    Love this polish, pinky/coral colour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭corryworry

Love that colour!

Asphyxia wrote: »
    I love that colour and your nails are so pretty :D

I've used this in the past..OPI Avoplex Nail & Cuticle Replenishing Oil. I used it twice a day in the morning and night, it moisturizes the nails, cuticles and skin around the nail. I was given it as a gift but I've seen it on Amazon for cheap and was thinking of getting some more I do recommend it.

Oh, thanks a million! :) Sounds good, 'cause my nails aren't looking their best. In work I constantly have to rip open bags and cardboard boxes and de-tangle jewellery so my poor nails get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I got this in the post today from a lovely Boardsie :D:D

Nails Inc. copacabana
    259877_10150227552642259_833992258_7181905_3647481_n.jpg

When I first applied it seemed a bit grainy so I added two drops of nailpolish remover and that really softened it up.. The colour is a red based coral and looks so pretty.

Messy application though! I was very excited upon receiving nailpolish :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

butter London - Branwen's Feather

It looks dark, shimmery purple in the bottle but on my nail it's more like black. I'm not sure if I like it...

5864881566_14a10a7ee2_m.jpg

5864327355_32525d1673_m.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Essence Walk of Fame

Goes on quite nice but took forever to dry properly. I'm out of topcoat ... anyone any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Im wearing Rimmel 'Misty Jade' today. I like it :) am loving the save the nail quick dry top coat it really works

mj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

It's a lovely colour!! I might have to get it on the way home this evening!

Orlee wrote: »
    Essence Walk of Fame

Goes on quite nice but took forever to dry properly. I'm out of topcoat ... anyone any recommendations?

Love this polish, always get compliments when i wear it :) even been asked if it was Shellac :D

I'm using Essence top coat at the moment, nice finish and cheap :D

Thank you so much :)

Have you got a link to it on the site though? Cause I looked and used the search box but its not showing up (for me anyway) :(

€9 isn't too bad. I paid around £20 for a Nails Inc one on eBay recently :o

Its a limited edition and you have to buy cocktails in some swanky bar in the UK to get it and it wa sone I really wanted so figured I'd pay the high price for it. :o I'm crazy.

I just had a look there, it must be out of stock because I only ordered it last week.

£20? :eek: :D okay I don't feel so bad about €9 now!! :)

Edit: I just sent them a mail thru their site to see if they will be restocking it. I'll let you know what they say.

Finally heard back from lookfantastic.com!

Hello,

Thanks for your email.

Unfortunately the product is out of stock I am sorry to say.

There are no dates as to when it will be back in however I would keep a look out on the site if I was you just incase it comes back in.

Kind Regards,

Chloe.

Lookfantastic.com

email: support@lookfantastic.com

Lookfantastic.com Ltd

Sooooo all you can do is keep checking the site. Great! :/

Finally heard back from lookfantastic.com!

Hello,

Thanks for your email.

Unfortunately the product is out of stock I am sorry to say.

There are no dates as to when it will be back in however I would keep a look out on the site if I was you just incase it comes back in.

Kind Regards,

Chloe.

Lookfantastic.com

email: support@lookfantastic.com

Lookfantastic.com Ltd

Sooooo all you can do is keep checking the site. Great! :/
    Thanks a million for this, hopefully they'll get it in again, it's a stunning colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

Elf in Champagne

Used the Matte Finisher as a top coat. Think I preferred it shiny.

Sugarbomb wrote: »
    Elf in Champagne

Used the Matte Finisher as a top coat. Think I preferred it shiny.
    cant see the first picture but i can see the top coat bottle picture

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭corryworry

These beauties arrived in the post yest :D
    [Embedded Image Removed]images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZHG02Dj7LYZy1itjolwaHZrFPsIi4XFVY8p2n8UVn7Iln_IJ-
    [Embedded Image Removed]images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToCmEkexGqYVtRFDcAPhnPAYZ2g3dZysx3c0L1RFkjNSq-aigoCg

I'm in love with them all :p
    IMO the Shatter effects are much better than the OPI versions. and ;3.99 much more cost effective!!

This is Avon nailware pro in coral with the blue Barry M nail effects on top.

• Advertisement

Today I am wearing Essie - Chinchilly. It's a much softer grey than my picture shows. Probably more suited for autumn than summer!

5869733607_df11b6bc36_m.jpg

Advertisement