Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Not my pics but bought the set of these in Tk Maxx for only €8.99 :D

Haute Metal:

chinaglaze_metalcrackles013.jpg

Platinum pieces:

China+Glaze+Platinum+Pieces+PolishAholic+1.JPG

Cracked Medallion:

China+Glaze+Cracked+Medallion+PolishAholic+2.JPG

Only tried platinum pieces so far but it's easy to apply and really nice on, have it over royal blue.

Also got:

Nfu 62:

nfu62.jpg

Nfu 63:

5332527381_69e78a7e73.jpg

Nfu 65:

nfu-oh-65.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

if anyone sees the Essence twilight nail polishes are out, could you please post here please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Was feeling sorry for myself so medicated with a trip to Boots for a 3-for-2 and then a second round of self medication at the Essence stand

Round 1

20D01D7B-3166-4A11-82AC-8E8D58203AA8-13992-00000ACAA0CF15C2.jpg

Barry M - Emerald Green & Mint Green
    Rapid Dry spray yokey
    Polish remover
    Yokey to make my feet less hideous, going to start giving self nice pedicures

Round 2

essence_splurge.jpg

Essence Go Bold (sparkly gold foil-ish colour), dotting tool, tip painter for nail art & Night in Vegas topper. Feeling hapes less sorry for myself!

262666A2-74C0-49FA-9569-D964195AED0E-13992-00000ACD09757170.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Max Factor Fantasy Fire (4! coats)
    Nice in certain lighting conditions but don't think it lives up to the hype of a while ago..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Nice in certain lighting conditions but don't think it lives up to the hype of a while ago..

Try it over navy or blue, either blue Fabuleaux or Bleu mysteriouse by Bourjois :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I've heard it's gorgeous over purple or blue. Here's a picture from prettypurplepolish.com where she tried it over different polishes:

Max+Factor+-+Fantasy+Fire+%282%29.jpg

I've been dying to get it for ages but I can't seem to find it anywhere. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

suomi wrote: »

I've heard it's gorgeous over purple or blue. Here's a picture from prettypurplepolish.com where she tried it over different polishes:

mod snip: don't quote pics as per thread title.

I've been dying to get it for ages but I can't seem to find it anywhere. :(

Boots, singland in limerick have it in bucket loads :)

Boots, singland in limerick have it in bucket loads :)

Thanks, I'm not in Ireland at the moment though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rebel89

Just got 4 OPI nail varnishes from the 007 collection! Cant wait to try them!
    tc007-opi-james-bond-ette.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Thanks, I'm not in Ireland at the moment though. :(

eBay. It's only for sale in Ireland and the UK I believe. I used to sell them on eBay myself, sent them all over the world.

• Advertisement

Pythia wrote: »
    eBay. It's only for sale in Ireland and the UK I believe. I used to sell them on eBay myself, sent them all over the world.

I was bidding on one a while ago and I was the only bidder for days but an hour before it ended, someone outbid me and won because I wasn't at home and couldn't keep bidding. And then I tried bidding on another one and it happened again! :mad: There are some very sneaky people on eBay. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I was bidding on one a while ago and I was the only bidder for days but an hour before it ended, someone outbid me and won because I wasn't at home and couldn't keep bidding. And then I tried bidding on another one and it happened again! :mad: There are some very sneaky people on eBay. :p

I have to admit to being a sneaky ebayer :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Lyra Fangs wrote: »
    Not my pics but bought the set of these in Tk Maxx for only €8.99 :D

Haute Metal:

Platinum pieces:

Cracked Medallion:

Only tried platinum pieces so far but it's easy to apply and really nice on, have it over royal blue.

Also got:

Nfu 62:

Nfu 63:

Nfu 65:

Where'd you get the NfuOh - the holos are lovely!

I have to admit to being a sneaky ebayer :P

Haha I'd probably be sneaky too if I tried bidding again, I've learned from my mistake. :p

Essence Go Bold over Barry M Mint Green

mintgold.jpg

Ahh, only in work a couple of hours and already have biro on my hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Androidlovers

I think one should even look after the Skin tone before they get connected with any kind of colored nail polish !

I think one should even look after the Skin tone before they get connected with any kind of colored nail polish !

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Huh?

Spam me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Boots - WHOOP!

Buy one get second 1/2 price across make-up, NAILS, eyelashes & beauty accessories.

Offer runs from 31st October to 27th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

nailsu.jpg

First pic!

Max Factor Mini No. 8 Diva Violet (3 coats)
    &
    Rimmel Disco Ball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Orlee wrote: »
    Where'd you get the NfuOh - the holos are lovely!

My friend gave me them as a present. There's an English website that sells them I'm just not sure if they deliver to Ireland (website isn't very clear):

http://www.nfuoh.co.uk/browse/HologramCollection_127_0_0_na.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Color Club Angel Kiss

CCAK.jpg

The holo effect is very strong, especially in day light. This is under my desk lamp so it's not the greatest photo.

Color Club Angel Kiss

The holo effect is very strong, especially in day light. This is under my desk lamp so it's not the greatest photo.

Fab - wondering if I'll get some of these or not! Did you get online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Fab - wondering if I'll get some of these or not! Did you get online?

Yep, Head2Toe Beauty and 8ty8 Beauty have them for $8, Trans Design has them for $6.95.

Another thing is that I think typically with holographic polishes you shouldn't use a top coat because it will dull the holo effect, but I saw other people using it on the Color Club holos and it was just fine... I used Essie Good To Go and saw no difference. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Ooh I want a good silver holo nail polish, I'm so jealous of you all! Can anyone recommend one I can buy in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Gosh do a gorgeous holo called Holographic Hero. I got mine in Superdrug in Omni. It's not as nice as their original one but it's still pretty fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Gosh do a gorgeous holo called Holographic Hero. I got mine in Superdrug in Omni. It's not as nice as their original one but it's still pretty fab!
    Just did a Google, that is so gorgeous! Thanks for the tip, I'm going to head to Superdrug tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Asu nail and beauty in swords sell nfu oh including the holographics. You can buy online from them.

My Nails Inc lucky dip arrived yesterday - no duplications, which is always good. 6 polishes for £15Also picked up one of the glamour mags and a Sally Hansen from the new Dealz on Henry St :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

My Nails Inc lucky dip arrived yesterday - no duplications, which is always good. 6 polishes for £15Also picked up one of the glamour mags and a Sally Hansen from the new Dealz on Henry St :D

Where did you get that offer from?

Advertisement