Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Pythia, your mani is gorgeous!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭pixysarah

IMG_4903.jpg

just did these this morning, opi alter ego and barry m amethyst

love poi man with the golden gun, its in my christmas list :D actually all of the skyfall collection is, love them all!!

edit: ok that pic is way to big any idea how to make it smaller??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Which Inglot polish is that? Very pretty btw!

Thanks, it's Inglot '202'.

The dress was from ebay from a Chinese seller called 'lovestoryuk'. It cost 21.49 pounds inc delivery. Here is the ebay picture.

HE09016SB-M.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ivenus

Suomi love that polish. Must starting giving hints for Xmas to my hubbie !
    Here's what I'm wearing today (not my photo) - its mavala in Bilbao. As my hubbie described it, it's a cherry colour and girlie :-)
    It needs a top coat though it give it the shine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

2drrkt0.jpg

Shellac - Hollywood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

China Glaze Urban Night with Models Own Boogie Nights. Way nicer in reality, just doesn't photo well at all!

228004.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hi, what is the best brand to use for no chipping? Is there such a brand?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

I think using a base coat, two paints and a top coat (let them dry in between mind you) reduces chipping. I like china glaze, opi and jessica, i find they last well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Quick question - is there any difference really between base and top coat? Top coats are shiny but are base coats matte to grab colour better?

Im wearing Essie - Damsel in a dress
    Needs 2/3 coats plus a top coat

essie-damsel-in-a-dress.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Impulse buy but good buy following a trip to the cinema today:

HLD43-opi-skyfall-bond-ettes-mini-polish.jpg

Haven't used any of them yet but am looking forward to trying goldeneye.

Also got kendall on the katwalk by OPI which is just AMAZING

kendallonthekatwalk2.jpg

Also ordered the following on ebay:

Trust me when I say the picture doesn't do it justice, am wearing it now hope to upload pics in the morning

201112_china_glaze_ruby_pumps_2.jpg

Pure joy - perfect Christmas polish!

Pure-Joy-CG.JPG?et=HBpEVn2Qv50umIC59cgy2A&nmid=0

and finally

83005.jpg

Great top coat that dries in seconds has completely changed wearing nail polish for me - no more smudges and fingerprints!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CiaraaWerea

I love Rommel London I <3 lasting finish. Right now I'm wearing 200 orange drop although I don't like the colours a much as the other colours in the range. My favourite is definitely 703 pearl drop. I wore it for at least a week with base and top coat and there was barely a chip!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭20260622

My first (and pretty awful) attempt at some Nail Art, Ombre & Caviar Nails!
    As they say, practice makes perfect :D

238479742739732403_fgGdS0bd_c.jpg

238479742739732405_bIYVwufC_c.jpg

Excuse my horrible toes :eek:

238479742739732397_6pBPYvSl_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

So my polish swap came today. So much pretty in one package :)

AAAAND then I bought these:

8179261970_509c081d1f_m.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Nails for a friends party at the weekend

kawaii.jpg

Love kawaii nails but oh be the hokey I will be spending a lot of time removing nail glue tonight.

On a shiny, happy note I got a spot of good news from the Revenue Commissioners today so I am off to eBay to have a bitofa China Glaze binge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Aggggh I haven't been here in so long! Got married in October, forgot to take a pic of the nails! They were shimmery white with rhinestones on ring finger.

My newest love is O.P.I - Goldeneye - I have never in my life fallen for a gold polish but OH MY GOD!!!!!!! I did a gold comparison post on the blog but Goldeneye is on my ring finger, just ordered the full sized version - a rarity for me with OPI!!!!

Bondpost5.jpg

Just in case anyone wants to know, thumb is Revlon: 'Golden Charm', Index: Catrice 'Goldfinger', Middle: Essence 'Gold Fever', Ring: Catrice 'Oh My Goldness!', Pinky: O.P.I 'Goldeneye'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Someone posted a link to a nailside cloud nails tutorial a while back, I absolutely love it. Am no good at freehand drawing nail art & this is both cute & easy! It's just missing a Mario 1up mushroom but there's not a chance I could draw one <heads off to google mario decals>

F28AA870-D363-4F63-B7E5-2BBDBEC0AD1E-1105-00000192ECC41C0F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

wearing Cult Nails Seduction today - not my pic

this polish is just oustanding, you want to eat it out of the bottle!

200.JPG

Wow I love that polish dancing queen. Where did you buy the nail polish?

Ivenus wrote: »
    Wow I love that polish dancing queen. Where did you buy the nail polish?

they have some lovelies indeed :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Wearing Essie Van D'Go (not my pic - polishandpearls.com)

a1.jpg

I was getting tired of fall colors so went for a bright one to break it up! This one is a streaky mess, though. Took 3 coats and still have weird bald spots..

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Wearing Essie Van D'Go (not my pic - polishandpearls.com)

I was getting tired of fall colors so went for a bright one to break it up! This one is a streaky mess, though. Took 3 coats and still have weird bald spots..

Just bought a similar colour myself by sally hansen :P

Picture+378.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I bought a new polish yesterday, it's a brand called Layla Cosmetics which I've never heard of but it cost 9.90 so it must be okay. :p I was a little disappointed, it looked so gorgeous in the bottle but oh well, it's still a very cool looking purple polish! I think I'll try it over black next time to see what happens.

228675.jpg

Also, I found a picture on my phone that I forgot to post. :o It's from the nail polish swap, it's Barry M Amethyst Glitter over NYC Ink Stain.

228676.jpg

suomi wrote: »
    I bought a new polish yesterday, it's a brand called Layla Cosmetics which I've never heard of but it cost 9.90 so it must be okay. :p I was a little disappointed, it looked so gorgeous in the bottle but oh well, it's still a very cool looking purple polish! I think I'll try it over black next time to see what happens.

Also, I found a picture on my phone that I forgot to post. :o It's from the nail polish swap, it's Barry M Amethyst Glitter over NYC Ink Stain.

both beauts - where did you get the Layla? I have only seen them online myself

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

both beauts - where did you get the Layla? I have only seen them online myself

Finland. :o

Darn! They are so pretty but so stupidly priced when you take shipping into consideration! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

The nailpolish group is thinking of holding a Secret Santa Swap this year and I just wanted to let you know that if you would like to participate the information is on the group page.

For access PM me but must have over 100 posts.

Thank you!

:D

I recently compared the older and newer versions of Catrice "Sold Out Forever"

Pic is from my facebook page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Wearing China Glaze Trendsetter (not my pic, but I wish my cuticles looked that amazing!)

china-glaze-metro-downtown-trendsetter_01.jpg

It's one of those ugly pretty colors... I really like it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

Just a quick question. I love the Essence stands in Penneys in Galway as they have a massive nail section for it. Is there one like that in Dublin? In the city centre. Thanks!

Advertisement