Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I wouldn't pay Irish prices for Essie. It's good but nothing special and can be quite streaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Ooh streaky isn't nice. Hmm I guess I may go in and see what they are thinking of charging and going from there. Thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

TK Maxx are stocking buckets of Essie right now, alright selection and prices are good.

I've noticed that some of the sales assistants are switching the OPI around in the packets in my local one. You think you're getting three full sized OPI polishes for 15 quid but one is usually switched to a W7 polish. I always have a good root and walk away with some real gems :D

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    TK Maxx are stocking buckets of Essie right now, alright selection and prices are good.

I've noticed that some of the sales assistants are switching the OPI around in the packets in my local one. You think you're getting three full sized OPI polishes for 15 quid but one is usually switched to a W7 polish. I always have a good root and walk away with some real gems :D

I noticed that in my local TK Maxx too - Essie ones switched too, usually two of the same colour in the same packet. I have never tried Essie - mostly because of the bad reviews I have heard of it.

I got an A in my first essay since being back in college so I think I'll treat myself to some nail goodies tomorrow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

So my Avon delivery came today. I'd forgotten what I'd ordered! But amongst the order were these two lovelies (I really need to stop buying purple and blue [always been my fave colours] and buy other colours!)

Avon Colour Trend Suede Nail Enamel in Blue Royale (not my photo):

DSCF2279.jpg

Avon Colour Trend Nail Enamel in Very Violet (not my photo):

avon+color+trend+very+violet+4.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Have seen bad sets in TK Maxx too, three of the exact same colour Essie in a packet!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Jeez, I love essie. I painted my nails on Sunday and they are still perfect today, despite loads of typing. Not even a little tip wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Wearing this now. Not my photo as camera is on the outs. OPI - Lincoln Park After Dark. Unfortunately I have 3 chips already after only 24 hours wear :(

OPI+Lincoln+Park+After+Dark+2.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Here are my accidental Christmas nails :o I'm wearing Isadora Ancient Ruby, Models Own Scarlett Sparkle and OPI Man With The Golden Gun. I only realised how Christmassy it looks afterwards.

229945.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ENMcD

newbie to the thread :) was feeling bored so decided to join in :) cheap & cheerful Essence modern romance! 2814818488728473_1kxBkF4b_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Oh folks....I have been so so bad, I bought four polishes today, two Sally Hensen and two Essence ones, to add to my collection which is just getting out of hand now! And I really want to stop off into TK Maxx tomorrow perhaps to get an OPI set or Nails Inc - don't really need it though!! Tell me they are over-rated!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭VanillaLime

CatriceUpintheAir.jpg

Hello! New to this thread and have been enjoying seeing what you're all wearing! This is one I wore recently, Catrice Up In The Air. Hope the picture works!!
    Edited to add - sorry the pic is huge - I can't figure out how to resize since Photobucket changed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 d.m.g

I'm new here - discovered this page an hour ago and can't stop reading!! :D

Here's what i have on at the mo - bear in mind its on a week, & starting to chip.

Base - OPI - Start to Finish
    OPI - Sweet heart
    OPI - Pirouette my whistle
    pattern - used black acrylic paint
    Top Coat - OPI Start to Finish

re-do tomorrow night me thinks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Doing a challenge at the moment so I'm trying out a load of new techniques. It's hard going but really fun :)

Mermaid braid
    Mermaid+braid+nail+art+(2).JPG

Mickey Mouse
    Disney+Mickey+mouse+logo+nail+art+(2).JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 41 d.m.g

WOW!
    Loving the mermaid braid!

on another note, how do you get your pictures in the email, instead of an attachment?!? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Picked up an Essie in TK Maxx clearance for €3 yesterday, and was well chuffed. NOT SO chuffed however this morning, with an email from eBay seller telling me the "last one is leaking and would I like to choose another" on my order of China Glaze Immortal.
    Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

musical.x - I didn't realise you were in NUIG - I'll watch out for someone with cool nails around campus:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Saorenza wrote: »
    musical.x - I didn't realise you were in NUIG - I'll watch out for someone with cool nails around campus:)
    awwh thanks :D I'll try and be as flamboyant as possible so you won't miss me ;) haha

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Cult Nails are offering free shipping (including international!) for an undisclosed length of time today...Just bought these beauties:

source

Seduction
    cultnails_seduction004.jpg

and

Happy Endings
    cultnails_happyending002.jpg

I've wanted happy endings for ages and these are my first indies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Hmmmm. If a package was shipped from the States yesterday around lunch our time what are the chances of it arriving with Mr Postman in this mornings post? I'm assuming the power of me wishing really, really hard that I had it will help it along? Does nail polish get shipped on a special flight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Feeling like this today...

603912_565864333429143_1631178244_n.png

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Hmmmm. If a package was shipped from the States yesterday around lunch our time what are the chances of it arriving with Mr Postman in this mornings post? I'm assuming the power of me wishing really, really hard that I had it will help it along? Does nail polish get shipped on a special flight?

I think that would be very wishful thinking! I think I usually average about 5 days on most of mine..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Yeah, 5-7 days usually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I think that would be very wishful thinking! I think I usually average about 5 days on most of mine..
    Yeah, 5-7 days usually!

Noooo, don't be silly, there's definitely a secret concorde still in action solely to transport nail polish across the Atlantic. I'm sure the postman will be rocking up to my desk tomorrow with it. Definitely. <twitch>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Haha I ordered Opi thrill of brazil yesterday and I keep checking the tracking details, 6th December is so far away !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

michellie wrote: »
    Haha I ordered Opi thrill of brazil yesterday and I keep checking the tracking details, 6th December is so far away !
    I Googled this and my stomach turned when I laid eyes on both of these pics....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kamichrom/5373584764/
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5127/5373584652_b1d7c02108.jpg

How can anyone let their nails get like that? It's just ewww!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Toast4532 wrote: »
    I Googled this and my stomach turned when I laid eyes on both of these pics....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kamichrom/5373584764/
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5127/5373584652_b1d7c02108.jpg

How can anyone let their nails get like that? It's just ewww!!!

Oh my God, that's freaky! Long toe nails are just disgusting to me. How could that person even walk properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

My dodgy attempt at xmas nails. I'm on the left :o:p and was trying to copy the pic on the right. I really need a nail pen rather than the feather tip, my snowflakes are all over the place lol. Also ive Angelica Mata hari on which is an aubergine type colour which i had intended having on it's own. Experiment. Might add glitter the next time :D

picmonkeycollagee.jpg

Oh my God, that's freaky! Long toe nails are just disgusting to me. How could that person even walk properly?

Gross. Also i hate feet

• Advertisement

This is my TK Maxx bargain; Essie Tour de Finance

Advertisement