Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Noooo, don't be silly, there's definitely a secret concorde still in action solely to transport nail polish across the Atlantic. I'm sure the postman will be rocking up to my desk tomorrow with it. Definitely. <twitch>

Gosh, I wish that was true..I'm waiting on about 10 polishes to come..I don't even think they've shipped yet but I'm still anxiously checking the post box every day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Toast4532 wrote: »
    I Googled this and my stomach turned when I laid eyes on both of these pics....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kamichrom/5373584764/
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5127/5373584652_b1d7c02108.jpg

How can anyone let their nails get like that? It's just ewww!!!

Oh i know I saw them when I looked it up too! Absolutely manky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Max Factor Fantasy Fire, I've spent way too much time in work today looking at my nails. Wasn't so impressed at it taking 5 coats to get decent coverage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Max Factor Fantasy Fire, I've spent way too much time in work today looking at my nails. Wasn't so impressed at it taking 5 coats to get decent coverage though.

I think with Fantasy Fire the trick is that you should layer it over another polish since it's so thin. It's more like a topcoat I guess. :) Here are some examples of how it looks over different polishes: http://www.pollypolish.com/wp-content/themes/polly/images/swatches/maxfactor_fantasyfire2.jpg & http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1XmO7ezn3k4/T46YXAMo0EI/AAAAAAAAAms/LjE-HEp-9IQ/s1600/Max+Factor+-+Fantasy+Fire+%282%29.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

I have Fantasy Fire but I haven't used it yet..

Currently wearing It's A Trap-eze from China Glaze..It reminds me of hundreds and thousands on ice-cream..might try a matte top coat on it tomorrow..

Source
    IMG_2593.JPG

Am also drooling over the blues from the new OPI Euro Centrale collection..especially the middle one..They really need to stop bringing out new collections!

source
    OPI+EuroBlues001.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I am currently looking at all my polishes trying to decide what to use!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Try layering it over a blue or purple polish for best results :)
    hdowney wrote: »
    I am currently looking at all my polishes trying to decide what to use!

Me too! I kinda want to do something dark and wintery but then I think my bright polishes look so pretty... I can't decide!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Am also drooling over the blues from the new OPI Euro Centrale collection..especially the middle one..They really need to stop bringing out new collections!

I am really excited about the Euro Centrale collection! I love the name polka.com!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I bought SIX more polishes in Dealz last night - they actually know me now, because I go in almost every day. It's becoming a very bad addiction.
    Very bad.
    I have gotten in there: Revlon: Royal, Emerald City, Powder Puff, Bewitching Bordeaux & Plum Night. Sally Hansen: Ballet Rouges, Yellow Kitty, Madame X, Plum Night, Dorian Grey, Fairy Teal, Terracotta, Mousseline, Lavender Cloud, Grey by Grey, Green Tea.
    There could actually be more.

*shoot me now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

So I decided to Go Christmassy (since my tree is going up tomorrow). I also tried taped triangles (it didn't go quite to plan but meh).

So on my right hand I have the following:

Catrice Marilyn and Me, Catrice Limited Edition Coolibri in Virgin Forest and Essence Snow White Topper in The Huntsman

8229885494_b20df36aa3_m.jpg8229884914_30cbce5b72_m.jpg

On my left hand I have:

Catrice Limited Edition Coolibri in Virgin Forest, Essence Colour and Go in Just in Case, Essence Snow White topper in The Huntsman and Chit Chat in Violet.

8228818307_fc1b0cc007_m.jpg8228817779_0dde08efb5_m.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ivenus

Been wearing this the last few days - Opi Gouda Gouda two shoes from their Holland collection. Really like this colour. The photo here (from www.scrangie.com) doesn't do it justice

goudagoudatwoshoes2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mirror92

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Decided to try layering Fantasy Fire over something... so put 2 coats of it over 1 coat of China Glaze Below Deck (a fairly creamy flat-ish purple with great coverage). It looks AMAZING. I'll try and get a pic later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I love the postman!

package.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Beauty and the beast nail art :)

Fairytale+Beatuy+and+the+beast+nail+art+(3).JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Hey everyone just a quick reminder to let you know there is a few hours left to enter into the Boards Secret Santa Nailpolish Exchange.

Participants will be given their Santee's tomorrow!

If you want to enter head over to the nailpolish group or PM if you don't have access :)

*Must have at least 100 posts :)

Picked up this today :) Highly thinking on going back and picking up another for Christmas present or blog giveaway! Very excited to try them out.

SdKRr.jpg?1?8324

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Picked up this today :) Highly thinking on going back and picking up another for Christmas present or blog giveaway! Very excited to try them out.

The colours look gorgeous, where did you get the set?

In Kilkenny in a chemist for €16.00

I'll get the name of the chemist in awhile I can't for the life of me think of the name.

It's their Holiday collection from last year but soo pretty :D

China Glaze Riveting is stunning, I'm guessing a sparkly orange isn't everyones cup of acetone but I love it. Photo does it zero justice, can't wait to see it in daylight! If you're familiar with ruby pumps it's the same glitter finish but orange as all get out

china_glaze_riveting.jpg

The orange really reminds me of a rocket pop, 90s orange icepop extraordinare

china_glaze_riveting_daylight.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 kitkat1

The china glaze colours are amazing , where can I buy them ?

kitkat1 wrote: »
    The china glaze colours are amazing , where can I buy them ?

I get mine on eBay (normally avoiding uk or Irish sellers as they tend to charge a lot) or in Sally's on Drury Street in Dublin (good for current collections & sales on seasonal polishes, not amazing for general polishes). Noticed today that beautyemporium.ie has a great selection at a decent price & free Irish shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

[IMG][/img]img20121201wa0007.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Christmas shellac! Its the red sparkly Christmas edition over a plum colour to tone it down. I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

My attempt at this manicure by tiffanyd ... kinda like how it turned out :)

http://makeupbytiffanyd.blogspot.ie/2012/11/nail-art-tutorial-navygold-ruffian.html

IMG_20121201065034%2520p.m..jpg

I <3 this thread.

So I'm still waiting on my Opi thrill of Brazil to arrive and I ordered Opi La Paz-itively hot too. I can't wait to get them!

Today I'm wearing The Edge, don't know the exact shade but I love pinks.

That's beautiful Orlee! Really, really going to steal that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 d.m.g

Only 2pm on a Sunday, floors washed & hovered, Christmas decorations ready to go up, & I finally done something I've been wanting to do for a LONG time!! My blog!! :D

http://creativenailsbyd.blogspot.ie/

Check it out! :) only starting, but hope to update regularly! x

Now, to do my nails!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

28r2z2d.jpg
    OPI Cajun shrimp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

d.m.g wrote: »
    Only 2pm on a Sunday, floors washed & hovered, Christmas decorations ready to go up, & I finally done something I've been wanting to do for a LONG time!! My blog!! :D

http://creativenailsbyd.blogspot.ie/

Check it out! :) only starting, but hope to update regularly! x

Now, to do my nails!!
    I'm your first GFC follower :D

Advertisement