Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Just came home from work and my Mam had these waiting for me.She picked them up for a tenner in her job.My first OPI's.
    I'm delighted with life this made my day. :)

A9IxQjaCMAEeSkt.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 41 d.m.g

My 1st attempt at Christmas nails!!
    ...think the snowflakes would look lovely over a nice, sparkly midnight blue - so its on my shopping list for tomorrow!

IMG_0733+(Copy).JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

d.m.g there fab!! where/how did you do them?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 d.m.g

Thank stop animal cruelty! its the sparkly red from the OPI (the spy who loved me) and hand-painted snow-flakes using a tiny brush & white acrylic paint, all sealed in with OPI start to finish! flew through the left hand, but the right hand took a while!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

d.m.g wrote: »
    Thank stop animal cruelty! its the sparkly red from the OPI (the spy who loved me) and hand-painted snow-flakes using a tiny brush & white acrylic paint, all sealed in with OPI start to finish! flew through the left hand, but the right hand took a while!! :)

there really fab! l thought they wer stick on! well done :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

d.m.g sooo much better than my attempt well done!

Ehh Aisling is the person lying on your floor ok??? :D:D

anniehoo wrote: »
    Ehh Aisling is the person lying on your floor ok??? :D:D

Yeah she was just looking for her tooth which she dropped trying to show us it.Im clearly an incredibly caring auntie as nail varnish was far more exciting to me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

I love Ryan Tubridy and his little Elf jumper so I thought it would be nice to do some Toy show nail art :D

The+Late+Late+toy+show+nail+art+(21).JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ivenus wrote: »
    Top coat is OPI's man with the golden gun from their James Bond collection. Love the look of the nails though I couldn't justify paying €40+ for that top coat! :-)
    Saw this in the duty free in Gatwick Airport last night for £22, which seems a bit more reasonable if you or someone you know is travelling through a UK airport...

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Hey ladies,

I am new to the thread (well, been watching it for ages but have never posted because of my crap camera)

Here are a few of my nail designs, I liked the leopard print a lot but the photo quality isn't great.

My favourite were the metallic pink, silver and black though. Everyday somebody commented on them! Can't wait to get stuck into some Christmas designs soon :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

IMG_20121204_130412.jpg

Essie's Beyond Cozy - I really love this one, it's so shiny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

dragona wrote: »

Leather effect does sound interesting but in the pictures it just looks like normal black nail polish. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

O.P.I Man with the golden gun in salon services today for 16 euro. Minus vat i'd say but still that's probably 20euro. Was tempted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

suomi wrote: »
    Leather effect does sound interesting but in the pictures it just looks like normal black nail polish. :confused:

Was looking at a swatch of these this morning after Dragona's post & it looks like the polish dries with a pebble-y (almost sweaty looking in my head) finish

IMG_1506.jpg

I don't think it'd be for me howandever the little skull charms are amazing and those I want!!

nat_nails_big.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Hmmm, I'm not too impressed by it. That's what my nails look like when I fall asleep while my nails are still a bit wet and they get all wrinkly from the sheets. :o

Those above swatches look kind of like the velvet nails do when the velevt doesnt take to the polish!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

O.P.I Man with the golden gun in salon services today for 16 euro. Minus vat i'd say but still that's probably 20euro. Was tempted!

Is that Sally salon services?

Orlee wrote: »
    Is that Sally salon services?

Yeah in waterford. I'm still tempted hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Just ordered three of the China Glaze Christmas polishes! I cannot wait to get them! I got the white one, the champagne one and the pizazz glitter one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 MelissaaJ

Catrice cosmetics Nail Lacquer is the best try ..
    780 - welcome to roosywood
    400 - blue cara ciao

The blue is my fave:)

The brown leather effect one remind me of kiwis.
    I have no idea why they do but I don't want kiwi nails!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

suomi wrote: »
    Hmmm, I'm not too impressed by it. That's what my nails look like when I fall asleep while my nails are still a bit wet and they get all wrinkly from the sheets. :o

I was thinking the same thing!

The little skulls are cute but it looks like the cross bones would snag on everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

musical.x wrote: »
    I love Ryan Tubridy and his little Elf jumper so I thought it would be nice to do some Toy show nail art :D

your pinky is like a tangle twister :eek:

Aside from ebay what's the best site to buy china glaze, o.p.i and zoya from? I've used beautyloune.com before and am wondering has anyone successfully used the likes of head2toe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

I love the skull and crossbones detail! Really cute.

Anyone tried any good treatments for peeling nails? Mine are awful and it usually means I get a day or less from polish. I've tried Sally Hansen Miracle Cure as well as Essie rock solid as a base coat. No joy..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Aside from ebay what's the best site to buy china glaze, o.p.i and zoya from? I've used beautyloune.com before and am wondering has anyone successfully used the likes of head2toe?

Places like head2toe and transdesign are great for polish but it's the shipping that'll kill ya!

Supernail Ireland are good for Zoya and it's a plus it's run by an Irish couple which is nice

Sally Salon Savers is good for China Glaze but you can't buy online

I like millies.ie for OPI but it's not much cheaper than shops

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ivenus

I've bought China glaze from trans design before but the shipping is expensive unless you buy about 10 polishes.
    I've also gotten the china glaze from beautyemporium.ie when they have offers on. Usually the polish is about €7.50. Today there is 12% off china glaze polishes I signed up to their Facebook page and they post offers on it regularly enough.

Some xmas themed star nails. Said i'd give this another go see is it less messy when i already had base colour on.
    I used Ruby Pumps (because it was on me over a week) and a dare to wear white.

231780.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I haven't used head2toe but I've used transdesign and you can get 8-9 polishes + shipping for the equivalent of 40 euro. I know shipping is expensive ( $23 for up to 9 I think) - but considering the Barielles are $3.75 and the China Glaze are $2.99... works out well!

On eBay I love Beautyzone2007, I wish that girl would open up a website!

Advertisement