Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I haven't used head2toe but I've used transdesign and you can get 8-9 polishes + shipping for the equivalent of 40 euro. I know shipping is expensive ( $23 for up to 9 I think) - but considering the Barielles are $3.75 and the China Glaze are $2.99... works out well!

On eBay I love Beautyzone2007, I wish that girl would open up a website!

Beautyzone is good but I keep getting the "there is only one left and it is leaking, please choose another" line so I have found smithrdblue and another , salon supply I think and their postage is so much quicker!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

My Opi thrill of Brazil arrived, I love it . Used essence ridge filler underneath it.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Beautyzone is good but I keep getting the "there is only one left and it is leaking, please choose another" line so I have found smithrdblue and another , salon supply I think and their postage is so much quicker!

Is smithrdblue an autocorrect?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ENMcD

More essence :) Went for christmassy sparkley look :) would need more coats though!
    2814818488825538_2LLsSIT5_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

ENMcD wrote: »
    More essence :) Went for christmassy sparkley look :) would need more coats though!
    2814818488825538_2LLsSIT5_c.jpg

I'd say it needs a solid colour underneath instead of more coats. Looks pretty though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Is smithrdblue an autocorrect?

smithrdblue1 is the actual name

Member ID salonsupplystore
    is another one I use now too - they are so cheap aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I'm wearing Essie Leading Lady today, a gorgeous Christmassy colour and also reminds me of jam :)

essie-leading+lady.JPG
    -not my photo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

im wearing OPI Goldeneye over essence twilight collection a piece of heaven.

Cant do it justice in photos this looks amazing - like my nails have been dipped in gold and foiled :)

915682E2-4AD2-490D-A936-D3BAD3AFF74F-5746-000009B7D6486140.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ivenus

I'm wearing OPI's I don't give a Rotterdam from their Holland Collection. Its a lovely blue/grey colour with little bits of shimmer/glitter.

idontgivearotterdam.jpg

Photo from www.scrangie.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Received an amazing package in a Secret Santa swap I did through another forum. So happy with what I got :D

E248jl.jpg

Vd2XCl.jpg

OPYTil.jpg

5nqvyl.jpg

Can't wait to change polishes!!

• Advertisement

Nice haul!! the essie and butter polishes look gorge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Opi La-paz-itively Hot. Only one coat, will do another coat tonight when I have a chance but it love it so far, has a nice shimmer.

My lil sis got me this as a birthday present - its the Disney Villains Nail Polish set :D

Can't wait to try it out!

027FEE83-84F2-4E24-B52B-752E074381FB-7182-00000C66949DA196.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

To get subtly festive, I did a base colour of Essence Sweet as Candy, with very roughly painted tips of Essence Hello Holo to try to look a bit like snow/ice! Not sure if I like but it will do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Got an AMAZING Secret Santa package from another group today - I was so happy with it, my first Zoya and one of the Nicole's I'd wanted for ages!! There were sweets too but my husband ate them :(

SecretSantaSwap.jpg

L-R: Max Factor (Fantasy Fire); Nicole by OPI (A Gold Winter's Night); Avon Matte (Violetta), Zoya (Carey); L'Oreal Color Riche (Insolent Magenta) and China Glaze Crackle (Oxidized Aqua).

I also did some more nail art tonight, inspired by a fair isle design on http://coewlesspolish.wordpress.com:

InspiredBy-Coewless.jpg

I used Barry M Black, Revlon Revlon Red, Models Own Snow White, and Zoya Carey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2v93i3o&s=6

Used hot looks ninja
    Essence choose me and cstrice in the bronx. Didnt turn out exactly the way I wanted though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Two coats of Fantasy Fire with topcoat Essence Hello Holo

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Bought my first Butter London yesterday. The shade is Rosie Lee, and picture is taken from Swatch Girl.

butterlondon-rosielee.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ivenus

Wearing this today - Essie Limted Addiction. Amazing Colour.
    essie_fall015.jpg

photo from www.temptalia.com

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ENMcD

Adding a lil bit of gold shimmer to my outfit last night:) it's NYC special effect gold shimmer!
    2814818488869415_gwBxoY1B_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

So today's nails are inspired by my sparkly Xmas tree.

Here is the tree:
    RA7z3.jpg

Nails with flash (red is much truer to colour here):
    0kPcG.jpg

Nails without flash:
    tJTUU.jpg

Glitter red is OPI 'Let Me Entertain You' and gold is China Glaze 'I'm not Lion'

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Gonna do a similar look for work tomorrow Pythia, so cute and festive!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Thanks to a lovely boardsie, I finally got Fantasy Fire today! :D I've been wanting to get it for so long and after all that searching and failed bidding on eBay, it's all mine. :cool: I was wearing a Sally Hansen nail polish which doesn't have the name of the colour on it but it's a dark plum colour. And then I put Fantasy Fire over it.

This is what it looks like in normal direct light:

233069.jpg

And then in another light and sort of tilted towards the light:

233070.jpg

233072.jpg

And here's a mix of both shades:

233071.jpg

It looks even better in real life. I can't wait to try it over purple, blue and red as well! Sorry about all the pictures :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

I was wearing OPI Live and let die for a bit the last day. Nail art takes way to long sometimes so I had to take it off pretty quick :( Gorgeous pine green polish.

OPI+Live+and+Let+die+swatch.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Good few OPI & Essie polishes on sale (with free delivery) over on beautyemporium.ie at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Finally got the polishes that I ordered! I can't freaking wait to try them all, I don't know which one to put on first!

IMG_6112_zpsd978b92a.jpg

Nice!!

Whats the name of those polishes?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

They look like- Glitter All The Way, Champagne Kisses and Glistening Snow from the China Glaze Holiday Joy collection!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

It's Pizazz, Glistening Snow and Champagne Kisses! You were close! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I love this pale pink polish Kate Moss is wearing - anyone know what it is or recommend a similar colour? Thanks! :)

article-0-168EF52C000005DC-407_634x864.jpg

Advertisement