Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Valentina wrote: »
    I love this pale pink polish Kate Moss is wearing - anyone know what it is or recommend a similar colour? Thanks! :)

Try Essie Fiji?

https://www.google.ie/search?q=essie+fiji&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=fpzTULiTFMaThgep74DoBg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=768&bih=928

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

One of my favourite pink polishes to date. Starting to really love Sally Hansen. This one is called Back to the Fushia (Love the name!!)

Sally+Hansen+Back+to+the+Fushia+swatch.JPG

Another one I forgot to post :o Sephora by OPI Who let the dorks out

Sephora+by+OPI++Who+let+the+dorks+out+swatch.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

This is me today.......

31188851.jpg

I must have tried about ten polishes and just didn't like any of them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Cookie89

Hi all, first time poster, long time lurker!! I did this design freehand in the hope of spreading Christmas cheer in the office (wasn't successful!)
    I used Rimmel double decker red and art expressions nail pen. Hopefully I'll improve with practise!! Thanks all

F32548E5-3727-464A-84FD-D81D33EF6BA0-1022-000000A717B38790.jpg

A1CDC053-B92C-4263-9EB0-9036AB515379-1022-000000A7033E79FC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

LOVE nail polish but my nails are in an awful state at the moment. I have tried every form of nail strengthener, lotion, potion, vitamin supplement.........and nothing works. They are short stumps at the moment :( What is the best thing to do with them to make them look presentable over Christmas ?

• Advertisement

Doing a little comparison of the OPI Golden eye and Sally Hansen Gilded lily on the blog.

OPI+Golden+Eye+and+Sally+Hansen+Gilded+Lily+dupe+comparison+swatch+(4).JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Got a red & gold shellac done for the Christmas season. It took me ages to get the Butter London glitter polish off, and I just wanted something nice for the holidays

8297949692_ec03a3723d.jpg

dudara wrote: »
    Got a red & gold shellac done for the Christmas season. It took me ages to get the Butter London glitter polish off, and I just wanted something nice for the holidays

<SNIP> DO NOT QUOTE PHOTOS

Photo doesn't work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Got this free in a goodie bag at our work Xmas party and absolutely love it. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure, in "Pedal to the Metal".
    (Not My Picture)

EDIT: I'm useless at trying to resize images, the picture is coming out huge so I'll link you to the picture - here

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Photo doesn't work :(

Hmm, weird. I could see it. Anyway, I've changed it over to Flickr, so you should see it now.

• Advertisement

Hmm, weird. I could see it. Anyway, I've changed it over to Flickr, so you should see it now.

It is beautiful, what colours did you use?

It's a shellac manicure, I'm not sure about the colours names. The red however, is stunning in real life with great depth of colour.

It's a shellac manicure, I'm not sure about the colours names. The red however, is stunning in real life with great depth of colour.
    It looks like Butter London Chancer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Valentina wrote: »
    I love this pale pink polish Kate Moss is wearing - anyone know what it is or recommend a similar colour? Thanks! :)

As Miss Moss probably has expensive tastes, I would guess this could be something like Chanel - maybe the 507 Tendresse colour on this page?

http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-Nails-LE-VERNIS-89314

My last proper christmas nail art for this year. Love Bouli!

Bouli+freehand+christmas+nail+art+(20).JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I love them :)

No nail art for me, but I will be doing some Christmassy nails tonight once the mince pies are done :)

One of my presents from the in-laws this year - one of the Skyfall box sets. Delighted.
    GET-BONDED-BY-OPI-300x300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

I got a lovely set of China Glaze Red Satin and Pure Joy (red, and red and gold glitter) from my good friend, and a set of two light pink Sally Hansen along with the quick dry topcoat from my sis in law! Wore the China Glaze today, very festive. It's hard to get a good photo of the combo on, but here's someone elses photo:

tumblr_mdgchidmrT1qcs8gao1_500.jpg

china-glaze-pure-joy.jpg

And together...
    c_RedSatinPureJoyChinaGlaze1_thumb%25255B2%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I've been a very lucky girl this Christmas :) The 2 essie are from my 17 yo brother (so sweet!) The OPI Spotted and Dior are from my bf (even sweeter! the spotted one came out with the Spiderman collection but only in France! I mentioned it months ago and he kept note :)) The other OPI are from my mum!

IMG_20121226050401%2520p.m..jpg

Essie Trophy Wife / Sexy Divide
    OPI Spotted / Navy Shatter / Plum&Get it / Born Red-y
    Dior Diorling

Spotted is freaking AWESOME ...
    (from http://the-swatchaholic.com)
    opi-black-spotted-swatch-alis-big-break-02.jpg

The mammy bought me the complete collection of Catrice Hollywood's Fabulous 40ies nail polishes for Christmas :)

P1020688_zps8abb63f5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Nails have been clear for nearly a week so I'm in need of a colour! Might give one of my new swap polishes a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Have fallen in love with these, Blackheart beauty range, I think they are by Hot Topic. Amazing colours and how awesome are the bottles?

Anyone ever heard of/ seen them?

PP-Vampire-BH-BeautifulRevenge-1.jpg

img_4726.jpg?w=652

PP-Aphrodisiac-BH-VioletTendencies-3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

^^^^^^^^^I want them just for the bottles^^^^^^^^

I MUST HAVE those bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 41 d.m.g

The colour is OPI, Bastille My Heart, which is a deep, shiny red, more like the 2nd photo below, with OPI , Goldeneye at the base, along with some gold glitter hexes along the edge. :)

IMG_0844+(Copy).JPGIMG_0848+(Copy).JPG

http://creativenailsbyd.blogspot.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I'm wearing a colour called S-age is just a number by Sephora by OPI. Not too sure if I like the colour though.
    sageisjustanumber2.jpg
    (Not my pic)
    It is really long lasting and hard wearing though. Have it on now two days and not one chip yet. Very easy to apply as well.
    I got it as part of the Spice Market set by Sephora.
    spicemarket3.jpg
    I love the "Have you met Rose, Mary?" Colour from this set though (the red one).

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

d.m.g wrote: »
    The colour is OPI, Bastille My Heart, which is a deep, shiny red, more like the 2nd photo below, with OPI , Goldeneye at the base, along with some gold glitter hexes along the edge. :)

http://creativenailsbyd.blogspot.ie/

That looks gorgeous! :eek: I'm definitely trying that soon. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Sallys (Drury St, Dublin) have their end of season sale on. OPI Skyfall & China Glaze's christmas collection all half price (or better) including miniatures and Man with the Golden Gun. I got myself China Glaze Angel Wings & Glistening Snow for €2.83 each and a fill sized OPI Die Another Day for about a fiver. Shiny new nails for work tomorrow!
    sallys_sale_zps6079e3f1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Ah so jealous! I don't think the Sallys near me have OPI or China Glaze at all!

• Advertisement

And I don't have a Sally's (or anywhere else for that matter) near me!!

Today (and last night) I am wearing one of my Christmas presents: Catrice Hollywood's Fabulous 40ties in The Nude Scene:

Catrice+The+Nude+Scene+(2).jpg
    (not my pic)

It is a quite nice nude colour, slightly pinky tinge to it but it does very well as a nude polish.

Advertisement