Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I am gutted. I ordered china glaze its a trapeze on ebay and when it arrived I was dying to try it. Unfortunateluy it was horrible! I am wondering was the one I got just a bit off like maybe it had been opened. The white was watery and the glitter was clumpy. I had to throw it out as it just looked horrendous on! :(

On the plus side china glaze whirled away arrived today and looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I am gutted. I ordered china glaze its a trapeze on ebay and when it arrived I was dying to try it. Unfortunateluy it was horrible! I am wondering was the one I got just a bit off like maybe it had been opened. The white was watery and the glitter was clumpy. I had to throw it out as it just looked horrendous on! :(

On the plus side china glaze whirled away arrived today and looks good!

I got it's a trapeze from my sister for Christmas and I love it! The white is a little bit sheer but I don't mind that as it's fine after three coats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Got some flocking powder in the post today, velvet nails here we come. Quite like the look of the mustard powder, don't normally like yellow toned nail polishes on my hands but this looks like it could be gorgeous

flocking_powder_zps0d205943.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Got some flocking powder in the post today, velvet nails here we come. Quite like the look of the mustard powder, don't normally like yellow toned nail polishes on my hands but this looks like it could be gorgeous
    <SNIP> DO NOT QUOTE PICS

Ohhhhh I have flocking powder in my craft stash it loads of colours gonna get playing!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Just booked an appointment for tropical popical at the end of the month, very excited!

• Advertisement

sounds interesting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

That place looks fricken AMAZING! Must skulk by at lunch ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Did a nail shop on eBay. They are from various sellers, you will find them if you search.

Orly Miss Conduct
    orly-miss-conduct-1.jpg

OPI Alpine Snow

Opi-alpine-snow.jpeg

OPI Crown Me Already!

OPI_CrownMeAlready%2521_03.jpg

Nail brushes (very cheap!)

HB04PF.jpg

Nail tips for cataloging

$T2eC16F,!zcE9s4g0uI2BP9PR1!!Dw~~60_12.JPG

Sally Hansen Special Effects duo pack in Wild Child and Kitty Kitty

51KVQcKpisL._SY300_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

OMG - where has this thread been all my life!!! Just spent my lunch hour oogling...

Currently obsessed with Essie Ballet Slippers but don't have any pics. Been wearing it since Christmas Day so the nails badly need doing... I think I'll inject a bit of colour this evening. Thinking midnight blue with some sparkle on top!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Does anyone know of a good (preferably cheap) dupe for Essence Love of Pink? It was part of their multi dimension range which has been discontinued and since then I haven't been able to find love of pink. Would appreciate any help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a good (preferably cheap) dupe for Essence Love of Pink? It was part of their multi dimension range which has been discontinued and since then I haven't been able to find love of pink. Would appreciate any help.

I can't be sure as I'm only going by pics of the Essence one online, but it strikes me as similar to Catrice Pinky and the Brain? Or Catrice Aretha's Respink. They're both around the €2.50 mark...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

I went to see Frankie Boyle a couple of weeks back so I did my nails to celebrate :)

Frankie+Boyle+freehand+nail+art+(2).JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

I got the ciate sequin nails set for xmas. Definately the best of their sets because the glitters stay on, i mean mine are done almost a week and still perfect and everyone was admiring them. i wore them to a new years eve wedding and they were a total hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

I got China Glaze It's a Trap-eze! my first China Glaze polish

DSC06381_thumb%25255B13%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

Close up

DSC06379_thumb%25255B21%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

O.P.I Elephantastic pink i googgled it and found a bloggers review apparently they are identical. Hopfully you can get it easily enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I have Love of Pink, just had a look there & it's very similar to Catrice: The Pinky and the Brain, and both Barry M Shocking Pink and Barry M Fuschia.

This is just a little playing around I did with the polishes I got from my secret santa :D

235382.jpg

And then below is the Ciate Sequin Manicure. I just love it and it's on my nails 9 days now and it still looks good!!!!!!!!!!!

235383.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I picked up this set in TK Maxx yesterday.. am currently wearing the red

Barielle+Carnival+Fiesta+(14).JPG

<SNIP> Sorry to remove the photos, but they were far too large

Velvet nails with my new flocking powder. I love the colour and see a cookie monster manicure in my near future. In fact I think it looks far, far more like muppet skin than velvet and an entire hand of muppets might not be far off.

Problems though - I'm not a germaphobe but I think this is pretty gross. I splashed some coffee on my hand earlier and there are some lovely little brown patches on my thumb. Can't be doing with anything that can get stained/attract dust etc. Apparently I'm more hygienic than I thought I was cos I think for the sake of having hands that I'm sure are properly clean I'll be wearing and removing this type of manicure in one day.

It is *rather* cool though!

fuzzy_nails_zps62a22fba.jpg

@stargirl.gra - love that sequin manicure! Is it large glitter and glue or a special topcoat? I think I might try do it on the cheap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Is it just me or do velvet nails freak you out? The idea of furry nails makes me shiver :eek::o

• Advertisement

anniehoo wrote: »
    Is it just me or do velvet nails freak you out? The idea of furry nails makes me shiver :eek::o

It's funny because I can't touch actual velvet (or styrofoam, anything that makes a dry/squeaky noise when you go near it) but apart from the staining & trying-to-keep-clean issues I really like velvet nails. The colour is really intense

anniehoo wrote: »

I love velvet nails and find it amazing how ling they last. I'm a dog groomer so dirty job with hands in water all day and th velvet lasts good as new on my nails for a week!

@stargirl.gra - love that sequin manicure! Is it large glitter and glue or a special topcoat? I think I might try do it on the cheap :)

They call it glitter grip top and base coat but it's similar consistency and drying time of a clear polish. You put it on all the nails, let dry then put it on one nail at a time and while wet dip the nail in the large glitter. Then when everything is pressed in place you layer all the nails with more of the glue. It's very strong then when on. I actually did it over a cracked nail and the nail is STILL in ine piece!!!

Oh @ Missflitworth I keep meaning to ask where you buy your flocking powder?

Essence are bringing out a glitter like this soon http://www.essence.eu/products/trend-editions/weiterleitung/vintage-district.html

I cant wait to get my mitts on them!!!

Oh @ Missflitworth I keep meaning to ask where you buy your flocking powder?

From Mellow Nail Art

They also have a shop on ebay with free postage

Delivery is normally pretty quickly but over December it took the guts of a month to get here, probably because of Christmas customs checks

Thanks just ordered some there :D:D:D some monsters inc. nails would be cool!

Catrice Blue Cara Ciao with dare to wear white dots.

236224.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Haven't been in here for ages! Loving the catch up though :) My nails are in horrible shape after the holidays. I am really sick of reds and greens and golds, so picked out a nice muted pastel as a sort of palette cleanser haha

OPI Steady as She Rose (not my pic - from swatchgirl.com)
    opi-steadyassherose.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Just a heads up.

I was in Pennys today and I noticed as I was queuing up that they were selling off nail polish sets for €1/€1.90 near the tills. I've never seen the sets being sold on the floor but they have some really nice colours. I picked up two sets myself containing altogether eight polishes for €2.90 :D

Set 1:
    Primark.png

Swatch.png

http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.ie/2012/10/primark-bargain-and-bin.html

http://www.bysjanty.nl/beauty/primark-nail-polish-set/

Set 2:

This isn't the actual set I picked up but it has the same packaging. There's a chrome colour, a silver sparkle polish, a fine gold glitter polish and a metallic purple/pink.

$(KGrHqZHJDgFCIGCUjt9BQjUncFHSQ~~60_35.JPG

Advertisement